Clones and determining sex

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

420NewbieRoyce

Reaction score
Is it ok to take a clone off my plant and put it right into 12/12 to determine the sex? Or can I put it in total darkness for 24 hours?

Total darkness wont cause it to show sex...12-12 yes.

If your mother plant is definitly a female you shouldn't need to determine sex.

chazmaine420 said:
If your mother plant is definitly a female you shouldn't need to determine sex.

Yeah I don't think that is the case here...I think these are cuts off a plant of unknown gender.

how old are they from seed?, they will show sex in veg at somewhere between 5-7 weeks but i understand not being able to wait if thats the case.

They can/will show sex soon, at this point you can wait and see if you want. they are 40 days old? they should show sex anytime between now and 10 days, on ocassion 55 days. imo. Have you sexed plants before?

This is one of them, its hard to get in there and get a picture tight space. What would you do with this girl (hopefully!!)

IMGP0885.JPG

Cant tell from that pic but it will show soon. it looks good, if i wanted to take clones i would wait just cause i dont wanna waste time clonning an eventual male but if i wast taking clones i would flip it now cause its close to showing. jmo.

Dman, those are my nurse larry seeds and they take a long time to sex. 7 weeks or longer. That doesn't look a thing like my nurse larry. That looks like big fat indica leaves.

420, If you want to number or letter each plant and take a clone and number it too and do that with all of them you can, just for fun and practice. I know you are so excited to get on with it. We were all like that, still are. Enjoy your first grow.

Do you want one big cola or a few smaller colas? Think about the humidity where you live...you might want to top this plant and have smaller colas' just a thought.

Ohhh Man thanks everyone! I am starting to wonder if this is nurse larry as well. Got these seeds from my parental unit. I thought I was told it was. The leaves are the size of my head. they are huge!!!

I didn't think there could be different phenos with the first cross. I thought they were all alike until the next cross. hmm

Well maybe things got mixed up I dont know for sure. these three are exactly the same.

i didnt know that Rose, they can take awhile cant they, the longest i have ever had to wait. and i dont know the cross but that doesnt look like any Larry I have grown. but its a healthy plant either way 420NR

My Larry OG had the biggest fan leaves I have ever seen in person. Looks like a healthy plant, green mojo.

Latest posts

Back