Clones cut from outdoor female to be brought indoors?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ZTEC

Medicinal Grower
Reaction score
I have my mother planted outdoors I know is a female from taking previous clones off her. She doing well outdoors and about to take more clones off of her to be placed outdoors but would also like to take a few and place in my flowering room? Will this be successful? Worried about them wilting from change in environment, I have 400 watt HPS room stays at 77 degrees F and 50% humidity. Thanks in advance!

Should be fine just make sure you dont bring in any bugs/eggs with them.

Just finished doing the same myself.

Cut the clones from 1 of my outdoor girls, preconditioned a few rock wool cubes over night in some ph adjusted water ( 6.5 ) and poped them into the propegator after a dip into some rooting powder.

A week under a blue spec 125w envirolight and they were ready to be potted up.
Another week in the grow room under a 600w hps and they were planted in the garden that was only a few days ago and they are starting to take off nicely.

071.JPG

067.JPG

Dont know why the last pic did upload but here they are 2 weeks n a few days after taking the cuttings off the donor plant

043.JPG

Yeah you shouldn't have a problem, the only thing I would suggest is to start them under floro's and then move them into the flower room!

Phatpharmer

I also have 400 watt MH with a blue spectrum enhanced bulb in it, think if I put that up 4 ft from plants will help it take off better or just better off saving the energy and going with the floro's? I already clipped 20 clones (been outside for one week and looking great) and want them all in the flowering room ASAP. By the way PICS look good, I lost my camera so can't take any, my phone does a crappy job so not even gonna try.

When I take cuttings after they root I put them under floro's for 10-14 days then when I notice alittle growth I no there used to the light, and then I put them under my 400w for 14-20 days and then off to the flower room! This works for me!

Phatpharmer

I cannot stress enough how important it is to make sure that your plants have no pests before you bring them indoors. There are some pests (spider mites i.e.) that are really hard to get rid of.

I just checked out my plants outdoors, one is beginning to flower! Hopefully an early harvest this year, last year I was almost into Nov. and they still weren't done! Got to cold and was forced to harvest, but they didn't begin to flower until end of Aug. last year. Thanks for the info guys!

Latest posts

Back