Clones? Straight 12

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

widowmaker

Reaction score
Ok, Ive got some clones going from my plants that are 17 days into flower in hydro. The clones were cut 3 days ago. I dont have enough space for all of the clones in my vegatative area so I was wondering, once they root what would happen if I put them straight to flower in small pots of soil. Anyone ever done this? Im not looking for an ounce off the things, just a couple grams would be cool. Would it take them longer to flower tan usual or would they flower right away. I have read that when you take clones from a flowering plant that it takes longer to switch back to flowering state.

as long as the plants they came from were mature then they would just stretch and then start to flower, it is called sea of green, and is a very tried and tested method...Some people like to veg their clones for a week or 2, while others just go straight to 12/12 soon as the clones are rooted and growing again.

:yeahthat: ..your prefrance my friend..you said you tookm the clones from a plant that was in flower?..it will be a bit harder to root them from what I have heard...also if you cloneing for the first time dont expect 100%...and lots of PATIANCE..Did I spell that right?..oh well Good Luck my friend

yea about 4 clones didnt survive, they were already budding so I am not surprised at all. I ment to clone them a while back, but was to busy to make a cloner. I had plenty of time though lately so I thought I might as well clone em so I dont have to buy more seeds. But so far the ones that survived are doing really good. Heres a pics of 2 and 3 day old clones. Cloned at day 13 of flower.

flowering clones.jpg

looking good so far, just remember that they will start to look not so hot right before they root, so do not get to concerned it they start to look bad, as long as they stay alive they should root

Hey Friends...Those look Great widowmaker..that looks some what like mine..I have a 9 clone bubbler from massproducer ( thanks friend )..is that under a 3 leg table?..LOL..Great idea man...do you use anything in your water?...I didn't...I heard to use super thrive..I dont know..Good luck my friend

I just use plain water, I have had way better success just using water, I am sure superthrive would be cool, tho, but no nutes at all if you put nutes in you risk rotting the stem, I am not quite sure why this happens it is just what i have found...

Thanks for the love on the bubbler, I am just glad to see that someone has gotten some use out of it.

keep it green or purple

4u2smoke said:
Hey Friends...Those look Great widowmaker..that looks some what like mine..I have a 9 clone bubbler from massproducer ( thanks friend )..is that under a 3 leg table?..LOL..Great idea man...do you use anything in your water?...I didn't...I heard to use super thrive..I dont know..Good luck my friend

Im using 50 ppm of bloom nutes and thats it. I had 3 cuttings that went limp after their very first night, I dont know if it was cause I was so late in flowering or what but the others are doing great, total of 8. I actually saved one of them which was cool. It was going limp like the others that died so I just cut off all the big leaves leaving only 1 set, and wala it sturdied up. Other than that, my WW are budding like crazy!!

I used to grow SOG all the time.

My rooted cuttings were transplanted into 4ltr/1gl pots, in my veg room.
I used to let them put down ,more, roots for about 2wks on a 18hr day.

I have tried putting rooted clones straight to flower in 4ltr pots.

However, I personally found that I had better results if they had been grown on for 2wks first.

I guess its down to personal preference and space available.

There's lots to be learnt from experimenting and from this more experience will be gained.

Never tried taking cuttings from plants in flower.

Good luck and be lucky

i gotta agree with Bud Uncle on this and say its probably a better idea to let your plant veg for a week or two before putting it into flower. It needs that time to grow a good a root system before it starts producing buds.

Latest posts

Back