cloning in flowering ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fruity86

Reaction score
hello grower just after your opinions i have a plant i want to keep shes at 39 days 12/12 i plan on takeing a couple of cutting of here would it be better to take the cuttings or try a re veg when shes finished wot would you do ?
heres a couple of pick 1 of the bubble i made last night just need to get some black tape today and 1 of the plant
all comments welcome and thanks for your replys fruity:)

black tape.jpg

this branch.jpg

I heard a re-veg is not a sure deal. if she is healthy why not keep her as she is and take cuttings.

wicked diy bubbler hehe. :hubba:

Jericho said:
I heard a re-veg is not a sure deal. if she is healthy why not keep her as she is and take cuttings.

wicked diy bubbler hehe. :hubba:
thats wot i plan on doing take a couple of clones and if they dont take at least i can try a re veg that probly the best option then i get 2 chances at saveing her hopefully only need the 1 :D thanks for your input jericho

It can be done you just don't have as high of a success rate. Take a few extra cuttings, your going to want some from the bottom of the plant. You need to leave the little buds on them and don't try to do it without rooting powder. Also i had a couple that didn't really do much at all for about a month before they finally started growing some new growth. Anyways good luck with it and the plant looks great.

Fruity the first clone i ever took was off a plant 5 weeks in... It did root and boy im happy to still have that pheno in my closet...

I believe that you run the risk of Hermies if you try and clone after starting to flower. Please correct me if I'm wrong though.

fellowsped said:
It can be done you just don't have as high of a success rate. Take a few extra cuttings, your going to want some from the bottom of the plant. You need to leave the little buds on them and don't try to do it without rooting powder. Also i had a couple that didn't really do much at all for about a month before they finally started growing some new growth. Anyways good luck with it and the plant looks great.

hello fellowspeed wot type of rooting powder will stay on the cutting in the bubbler ? wont the bubbles and the mist just wash it of ? or do you mean a power that goes in the water :confused:
i will be takeing the cutting from the bottom of the plant she has a good 5/6 10" branches so hopefully 1 will take thanks for your input fruity:)

ssjric said:
I believe that you run the risk of Hermies if you try and clone after starting to flower. Please correct me if I'm wrong though.
i think your right there is a chance but if the strain is stable then there less of a chance i could be wrong aswel hopefully a pro will come in and answer all ?

JustAnotherAntMarching said:
Fruity the first clone i ever took was off a plant 5 weeks in... It did root and boy im happy to still have that pheno in my closet...
hey thanks jaam thats a boost of confidence :)

fruity86 said:
i think your right there is a chance but if the strain is stable then there less of a chance i could be wrong aswel hopefully a pro will come in and answer all ?

If im not mistaken the only reason it would hermie is from a ligt stresser in that case going from 12/12 back to a different schedual. if it doesnt have the hermie strain then it should be fine apart from that light point. i cuold be wrong as well lol.

And if your using a bubbler i dont think you need the rooting powder, just the nutrient solution. and leave the clones stems just above the water so it bubbles onto it

fruity mine went into an aero cloner not a bubbler like yours... Do you use rooting gel on your clones? and do you run cloning solution in your bubbler??

I use both... Clonex rooting gel + Clonex rooting solution... I have recently read that if you set the cuttings in the rooting gel for 30 mins before adding to your cloning system it can make them root 2-4 days faster...

Jericho said:
If im not mistaken the only reason it would hermie is from a ligt stresser in that case going from 12/12 back to a different schedual. if it doesnt have the hermie strain then it should be fine apart from that light point. i cuold be wrong as well lol.

And if your using a bubbler i dont think you need the rooting powder, just the nutrient solution. and leave the clones stems just above the water so it bubbles onto it

thats wot i fort thanks

hey jaam ive never used anything just straight water when takeing clones

In my experience, leaving the buds on doesn't work. I recently took a bunch of cuttings, including Branch cuttings where I cut the stem off after several nodes and then made clones out of the rest of the branch too.

EVERY cutting with a bud on it just dried out and died even though they were kept moist just like the rest of them. Out of the non bud bearing cuttings, all but one of them have rooted and are growing well. These were cut less than 1 week before harvest.

I use dip and grow for a rooting hormone and it seems to work just as well as the high dollar stuff like Olivia's.

Then I revegged the plants too, so now I have a lot of the stock back.

I would say just cut them and root them like you would any other cutting only like they said, make more than you really need. That way if they all root you have some to either give away, trade with or even throw away. It's better to have too many than not enough.

Great smoking.

Latest posts

Back