Cloning insite?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Real78

Reaction score
[FONT=&quot]Ok, I have been doing reading and watching videos to understand what method would be easier. I have some questions for those that do cloning and here they are. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]1. [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Do you guys prefer DWC bubbler cloning or Rockwool with a humidity dome?[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]2. [/FONT][FONT=&quot]If one uses the DWC bubbler would you need a heating pad? I know you’re suppose to use one with the humidity dome.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]I am at a lost at this point because I have no idea which way would make it easy to maintain. I have most of the things needed to complete a DWC bubbler if I wanted. Also would it be ok to cut clones from the mother when it has been into flowering for almost 3 weeks? [/FONT]

the absolute easiest method is the DIY bubble cloner..it doesn't get any better.

and yes, it'll just take a little longer to root.

room temp, about 70f , is ideal. all you need is tap water and bubbles. i use a very small amount of diamond nectar in mine but most folks use plain tap water.

you'll find that they stay perky and happier longer in the bubbler..
so need for a humidity dome.. or spritzing... small aquarium water heater in there and your laughing..
LH
like puff said it dont get any easier then the bubs...

Some would argue like me. My best success is mat, dome, rockwool/peats and misting.

bubbler all the way...you can use a cheap little aquarium heater for the water instead of a matt...

them who havent tried have lil faith
LH

PUFF MONKEY said:
did you try the bubble method ?
..yes, and it sucked :)
what could be easier than perlite in a pot and flourescents??? :confused2:
no bubbles, no pumps, no compressor, no airstones, no hoses, no heaters,....

Hick said:

LOL i actually have a bunch of clones vegging in your cloning method there .. lol working great so far.. LOL
LH

Hick said:
actually i am currently cloning using both oasis cubes and bubbler, i think theyr both almost the same ease, with cubes you would still need to heat the dome with some lights or pad and you would need to get a medium. with bubbler you would need a water heater and airstone no medium. i think the cloning rate is the same in both methods ive been trying them out still not decisive but very similar in rate, the one that gives me higher rate eventually will be my only cloning method, if rate stays the same i would go for bubbler since i use the same clone as a vegger by just spacing the clones apart and adding some light, if i were to transplant into a bigger pot ebb & flo maybe i would go with cubbes but i have this airpump already running and could easily handle my cloner + my flowering chamber so i guess t each his/her preference ;)

Hick said:

Yep. I wasnt gonna post about it, but I killed 75 SSH clones and it set me back weeks. I set the pumps,totes,dead clones, and air stones on fire on a brush pile from a downed cedar tree for next winter. Yeah, I know, I was way upset. Never again.

Ps, I have green thumb too.

It all boils down to "what works best for you".. I've rooted cuttings in everything from compost to a glass of tap water. But I could not get a single cutting to root in the bubbler. And it made me feel pretty stupid, too. :rofl: ( I blame my well water ;))

I am looking at Pros and Cons with both. The Pro I have with the bubbler is that I have everything but a extra air pump and water heater. If I go with a dome then I have to go out and buy everything that would be needed.

Hick said:
he said "easy"....nothin' like fire&forget lol. JMO...i never use a heater.

LOL... That's it, what works for you now, works best. It is one of those things that just doesn't seem to take for everyone... Whats funny is that when I posted that thread it was the only thing that seemed to be working for me... Also I think you are right about the well water...

Hick said:
It all boils down to "what works best for you".. I've rooted cuttings in everything from compost to a glass of tap water. But I could not get a single cutting to root in the bubbler. And it made me feel pretty stupid, too. :rofl: ( I blame my well water ;))

massproducer said:
LOL... That's it, what works for you now, works best. It is one of those things that just doesn't seem to take for everyone... Whats funny is that when I posted that thread it was the only thing that seemed to be working for me... Also I think you are right about the well water...
yup... I see folks that have never rooted a cutting nor ran hydro plopping cuts in their own diy bubbler and praising it for how eeeeeeeasy it is, and how great it works. I'm sure not going to blame the bubbler, but can blame my own incompetence..;)

Im also not a fan of the bubbleer, I put 12 clones in one and they all died, I had to then postpone my grow until my mothers grew big enough to get cuts from..

I clone in rockwool now, cloning in soil is easy also, a dixie cup full of soil, a cutting and a dome is all you need

That sounds to me like a mold problem which has nothing to do with the cloner.

I think a good cloning method depends alot on what you do with the clones after they are rooted. If you are transplanting them into a Bubbler system, them a Bub rooted clone would be best I would think.
you have to look at how and what medium you are going to transplant them into.

when usuing a Bub cloner, when rooted, you basically have a stick with roots. If you were to throw that in a soaked rockwool medium, you have a high chance of root rot due to a soaked medium. BUT, if you transplant it into a pot of gro-roks and place them in a bubbler, them your chances are greater, because the medium dry's eaiser and the root system is atill "misted" until they grow thru the net pot into the bubbler res.

For me, I use rockwool as a medium. So it is easier and I have greater success usuing a rockwool cloning method. It is just easier to transplant.

Tit for tat really. Hick said it best, "whatever gives you greater sucess". I think your final flowering method should dictate your cloning mehtod.

Agreed. I was just mad at killing alot of clones. In the culinary world, at least for me, I dont have room for error and I tend to carry that with me home, my own fault. All good though, dad always said if it aint broken, dont F fix it.

PS, its always fun trying something new anyhow.

Latest posts

Back