Cloning Question. Please Help.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JadeLeigh

Reaction score
I have a question about cloning. Can I try to clone a female who is already been switched to a 12/12 light cycle and just starting to flower ?
I've been quite busy lately and haven't given much attention to my plants, so it went unnoticed that 6 out of 7 were male. I've pulled the males, and my lone female is extremely healthy, but it's just the one, what are my options?? Also should I change the lighting back to 24 hours ?

I have roughly two dozon lower shoots, all of which are covered in pistils. And yes, I have a complete second set up where I can keep the clones on a 24 hour cycle. But I would have to use my older 150 watt 14,000K double-ended HQI metal halide lamp. BTW, thank you for your help.

I prefer to clone to sex, therefore before flowering..................

However, this year I have cloned while flowering and found it much the same...

How many decently developed lower shoots have you got

Can you keep the clones in a separate area on 18/6 or 24 cycle?

no problem.i took several clones at 5 weeks of flower and doing good.just took some more form a flowering plant yesterday.seems to me they do better.

Hey i have a few qustions about cloning. my cousin has a female marijuana plant. Its starting to Get buds on it. I cut a branch off it and put it into water with some miracle grow. will this start to grow so i can transfer it into soil and have it keep growing or its a total failure and nothing will happen. IF anyone can give me suggestions that be awesome.

Should i take it out and put it in normal water only?? how will i know if the plant is growing or dying? and when should i transfer it into soil?

i use colning gel.make your 45 deg. cut and cover it good in the gel and straight into your medium.i also use the clonex cloning solution.i use the hick way with perlite. afer you get some roots you can out into whatever you wish.soil,hydro.

I dont really like to clone once flowering has been started at the latest 2wk into flowering. I feel im stressing the plant when I put them back into the vegetative cycle.

how long will the marijuana live in the water right now?? without and cloning gel or anything just plain water and alot of sunlight?? it has a few buds starting to form at the top can i cut that off and plant it and use ti as seeds or that wont do anything??

I just flowered my plants for sex and then reverted after about 7 days of flowering.... I too only had on female of each of my strains left after clearing the males...

Put them back on 24 hour light, cloned each fem 6 times. and its been about a week and they are back to vegitative growth....Mine got a little sickly lookin for a few days while reverting but snapped out of it....

the clones have been in a week and they have not rooted yet but look fine and healty...

shouldnt be a problem IMO.....

so i should keep the plant in water for a bit with a light over it for few days?? should i put it outside when its nice weather or just keep it inside at all time by a window and a light bulb?

i dont soak my clones in water. I put them from the cut to the Gel to the medium....

I dont grow outdoors but from what I am told keep them in the shade until they root...or grow by window until rooted then put them outside....

good luck my friend.

is it safe to grow them in the water for now till it roots then transfer them into soil or something? im new at this. im not using this for selling or anything just as something cool to have(and benifit from it later hahaha)

i would not leave them in the water .by putting them in water you have taken the cloning solution from them to start with.you need to get them into soil or however you plan on growing them.asap

if i put it into soild will the marijuana Die from the amount of shock? i dont wnat this plant to die. it dont show any roots on it yet. but its lok super healthy. standing up streight up in the water. its about 12inches tall.with only about 3-4 inches in water.

IMO 12 inches it too big.... it may not root.....clones are usually 3-4 inches.or at least two nodes... i would cut it down and reclone,

I think it would root stronger if its already in the medium....do you have roockwool cubes? or rapid rooter plugs?

If i put it into soil right now and water it what are the chances of it dying?(once it cut done to size?) or should i cut it and put it in water for a day to start the root process and then put it in soil 2morrow night?

I dont have any of proper stuff to make it grow faster. im doing this as a small project to have. so house hold items is the only thing i have. is it a good idea to put a 60W buld overnight?
any sugestions would be great

Thanks

Have you looked into any of the cloning guides on the resources page?
..that's where you should start..

Latest posts

Back