CO2 VS Teh smell

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Krazeydays

Reaction score
Have a question or 2
I will be going into flowering in about 2 weeks and was wondering how i can use a Can filter to clean my air but keep my co2 in the room.

I thought about a heat exchanger but is out of price range 4 now.
Another thought was to use a small CFM fan with a Can filter pulling from top of room and still use the co2 , because co2 is heavier than air i wont lose too much, would cost around 80 bucks for LP gas but is still cheaper than a 1/4 of bud round here!!!
Need Advice what to do, anyone have a idea how i could cool and recirculate the air taken from room it's a 10 by 11 room.

All thoughts and ideas welcome.

Krazeydays, I grow in a room that is close to the size of yours. What I have done for now is When my lghts go off I then purge the co2. I used 1/4 inch tube with pinholes in it. The tube snakes around my plants, and my exhaust is set on a thermostat, therefore it goes off within a few minutes after my HPS lights go off. The co2 regulator comes on 30 min. after the lights go out. I have had really good crops by doing this.

Super Skunk said:
Krazeydays, I grow in a room that is close to the size of yours. What I have done for now is When my lghts go off I then purge the co2. I used 1/4 inch tube with pinholes in it. The tube snakes around my plants, and my exhaust is set on a thermostat, therefore it goes off within a few minutes after my HPS lights go off. The co2 regulator comes on 30 min. after the lights go out. I have had really good crops by doing this.

Why do you use co2 in the dark stages? plants dont use co2 an night only when lights are on.
How can i keep co2 in room with lights on and get rid of smell?

When the lights go out, fan turns on for 15 minutes purging it. When lights are on, just scrubb the room with filter as stated, Obv, AC will be working hard, unless you have a 1.5 ton or more.

PS, I thought about exchangers but, I am very concerned about running all the water lines above lights. That is a big undertaking.

screw that exchanger crap for a "personal" grow...i saw some pics of that and though...yeah, looks good..if you have no limit to your time stealth and budget..i'll stick with a few fans lol.

PUFF MONKEY said:
screw that exchanger crap for a "personal" grow...i saw some pics of that and though...yeah, looks good..if you have no limit to your time stealth and budget..i'll stick with a few fans lol.

I agree, to much crap to go through.
when using filters, do you run a 24/7 cycle with them or do you cycle them off/on every hour? say 15 min or so I have never had to use one till now.
whats the smallest fan and filter could i use for my room 10 by 11 ?
how well do char-filters work?

i run mine 24/7 but it's because of heat and ventilation the fan on my filter drives the entire ventilation for that room. each of my rooms have their own filter setup. i even run 24/7 in the flower room. 10ftx 11ftx?

i can tell you that by "10x11" alone calls for a larger setup than an odor sock.

It's a 10ftx11ft room I have 2o plants going in and 20 more in a month or so, I need to kill the smell some how with out letting all my co2 out using a filter 24/7 is this at all possible. I need some kind of method so i wont waste so much co2.
Is 80-100$ers worth the headache(s) im getting over this for 2 months of LP gas. Maybe im just over thinking things.

dude just run a couple scrubbers but just keep them contained, meaning keeping them in the room,

Wait wait. Your room is 111sq ft and am assuming 8ft tall? You are gonna need some serious coin dude to make that room odor free and well lit. You know that right? If yes than a 10" or 12" CAP fan and matching filter will keep it odor free. Keep it on 24/7 and just recycle air in room. You will still need another fan to purge room when lights go out. Assuming you have a veg room too, just use a 6" CAP fan no filter and pull the CO2 out of flower and push it into veg, maybe 15 minutes to 30.

Thanks Guys for the help, looks like I'll be going shopping at the hydro store soon .

Latest posts

Back