CoCo coir?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KSCsmoker

whos got the herb?
Reaction score
I've been debating whether or not i should use coco coir for my next grow. Does anyone have any experience using coco coir and if so was it better than using soil?

Thanks for the help

ONE

Cocos growing works very good but i can't tell you if this product is any good. We have a special coco product here in Holland specially made for the cannabis industry. It's called Canna Coco, if you can get it there then you should use that.

They say other coco products are different and the PH is not right. I can't say anything about because i haven't tested other coco material to grow on.

If you going to test it out let us know how it works out.

I used this alongside soil and rockwool- many of the seedlings damped off (keeled over) and the rest lagged behind. I ended up mixing the stuff into some potting soil. It does hold water in that soil nicely, but I'm not growing mj in it.

I used it once... I find it works very well... but it gets very soggy if left with water on it for very long... best for ebb and flow imho.
Rockwool imho is more all around better.... and Hydroton wins over rockwool.

Eman used to love the stuff. Plus, you can get a huge piece of it dirt cheap!

thank you all for your responses, i have a friend who is trying to convince to only grow using coco coir along with monkey juice (nutrients for the coco coir) but i believe i can still have a better harvest by doing it in soil organically.

One

KSCsmoker

Coco coir is recommended as a substitute for mediums like perlite, vermiculite, and peat moss. It's cheap because it's a by-product of the coconut industry, while the others are 'mined' (which wreck lands).

The problem is (and I'm putting this very vague, because I don't know the details) that coco retains certain nutrients, while not releasing others.

Here's a link to some nutrient solutions, notice that one of them is 'perfectly balanced for growing in coco'.

Bubby thank a lot for that site
I'll let you all know how it works out

One

KSCsmoker

Latest posts

Back