coco ph, what am i doing wrong

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i have 6 plants in 3 gallon fabric pots under a 675 watt led.temps are around 72 lights on and 68 off, light is on 18-6, feeding sensi grow coco at 13 mls per 4 1/2 gallons, using ro water.

im having problems with keeping my medium at 5.8.-6.0, i stick my soil pen in and ph is around 5.0- 5.4. when i water with 5.8 the ph does not go up, so i watered at around 7 ph and got my medium to 5.9 - 6 but then the next day its back down. why is it drifting down and not up? pretty much my waterings have been of ph of 6.5 or higher. what am i doing wrong.
Your ph will change with absorption. Check your run off.

i have 6 plants in 3 gallon fabric pots under a 675 watt led.temps are around 72 lights on and 68 off, light is on 18-6, feeding sensi grow coco at 13 mls per 4 1/2 gallons, using ro water.

im having problems with keeping my medium at 5.8.-6.0, i stick my soil pen in and ph is around 5.0- 5.4. when i water with 5.8 the ph does not go up, so i watered at around 7 ph and got my medium to 5.9 - 6 but then the next day its back down. why is it drifting down and not up? pretty much my waterings have been of ph of 6.5 or higher. what am i doing wrong.

Nothing. Your plants (by pictures) are nice and healthy. Forget all the measuring of soil pH. Water them with tap water and go on. I've used Roots soil, tap water and light now for 7 yrs successfully. Its simple and it works. You can drive yourself nuts with all the levels of stuff but in the end, if your plants are green & healthy with leaves praying to the sun (light) and steady growth, you have no problems. Just my thoughts...

Nothing. Your plants (by pictures) are nice and healthy. Forget all the measuring of soil pH. Water them with tap water and go on. I've used Roots soil, tap water and light now for 7 yrs successfully. Its simple and it works. You can drive yourself nuts with all the levels of stuff but in the end, if your plants are green & healthy with leaves praying to the sun (light) and steady growth, you have no problems. Just my thoughts...
I love the factor of being able to be so shalant but I me myself and I feel challenged. I have tried on my first grow and with the complete lack of experience wasted 200 worth of seeds.(wish I did my home work then) . To small off tent no neuts improper lighting. Noob! Me not you!
I went hydro with super skunk and an off strain og there’s just so many og’s.
Amazing so amazing I was an ass and cut them all down at 6 weeks of flower. Impatient and fed too much micro. So yeah. I souly wanted a “professionals opinion. Watched like 3 and a half million videos. One thing I can speak for if gauging the ppm. I was tap and using bottled liquid neuts my ppm was still only at 238-350 ppm. When I corrected this and brought the soil value up to 550 ppm she exploded in tetra twice the amount of my hydro and she was pretty!
Not to conflict but my coco soil fox farms has a very low ppm for cal-mag, trace and a few other vitals you don’t get when you use say ocean soil. But that’s way to hot for seeds. I agree a simple root medium for germ is great. When it’s time to transplant I usually transplant 2 times. Both transplants are into coco ff. Baked as well even though there wasn’t anything in my last bag doesn’t speak for my next bags.
I am itching to try a different medium something more sustainable with out burning the hell out of my plants. Any thoughts.?

Latest posts

Back