Cold Weather

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blancolighter

Reaction score
So I kinda know the answer to this question, but this site feels like it could use some posting action so I'll throw this question up anyways.

I grow in my basement and have one vegging area which is in a particularly cold section. These plants always seem to be easy to burn, but also at the same time seem to easily become P or K deficient.

Does anyone have any detailed info to offer on how cold weather affects nutrient uptake of vegging plants.

All my other plants are warm and doing great, I just want some knowledge for a few of my ladies...

My cold closet caused severe potassium def so I stopped growing in there. As soon as took the plants out of the closet they greened right up and took off with new growth. Im not sure on the science involved but I know first hand that cold temps will cause your roots to lock up and cause deficiencies.

Hmmm, probably why my Pineapple express and Northern Lights had problems...THANKS for the info! Building a new bud room, so this won't be an issue next winter.

I peice of insultation board layed down to set your plants on will help the root zone stay warmer

Oh yea, I have my plants up off the floor with concrete blocks n pallets, definitely know better than to chill the rootzone. Thanks for that thought though, wish I woulda thought of insulation board before haulin all those concrete blocks up and down stairs....

I always recommend adding more light to a vegging space rather than using space heaters if it is too cold. Space heaters only add warmth. More light adds heat and hastens veggy growth.

Ideally my walls would be made outta T5s and the house heated by HID, but alas THG, my dreams always take a bit to realize...

Latest posts

Back