Collecting pollen

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have been offered a male, just showing, of bubba kush. How long between showing sex and being able to extract pollen? Anyone know? Don't have my lights set up but am reading that sunny windows or cfi will do till process is complete. Thanks for any info

A sunny window works fine- I tilted my male and put a mirror underneath to catch the pollen as the sacs popped.
You can also cut the entire branch and just keep the cut moist for a day or 2 until the sacs burst- again with a mirror underneath- be careful of condensation with this method as I understand moisture destroys pollen.
Scrape it up with a razor blade. I put mine in a film vial (if you can still find one) with some rice and stored in the freezer until I needed it.
Good Luck.

BBfan are you a big brother fan or a blueberry fan :p ? hehe

How long should you wait after sex is shown until you collect pollen usually?

Hey Thorn-
Blueberry fan all the way. In fact I just harvested my grow of Southern Lights- 1 of the branches I crossed with some blueberry pollen I've been saving in the freezer for about 6 months- I haven't checked for seeds yet, but hopefully I got a new cross to try out on my next grow.

As far as your question-
as soon as you identify the male- of course get it away from your females- but those sacs burst pretty quickly and regularly so it won't take long to collect pollen, couple of days at most. The stuff is extremely small and I've found when collecting it I have more plant matter from the sac itself than I do pollen.

Good luck with your toxic waste grow!

thanks bb, really useful info there :) hehe yea toxic waste is just for a bit of fun while i don't have a proper setup. Thanks :D

Latest posts

Back