Confused on flowering

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WindingPlant

Reaction score
I got this plant that is lookin pretty good and its got some nice colors starting to form at the top. I just never got this far with a plant and i dunno when to harvest or what techniques to use. I read things online but i cant understand them...i need pictures. Should i change the light cycle? Its outside so it will be hard to change the light. Any tips anyone?

Windingplant

Let the sun do its job and be patient. I learned that last part here. Don't let outdoor lights illuminate it at night.
The pistils will mostly all be dark and then decide, depending on the type of high you want, what percentage of trichomes are amber on the small leaves attached to the buds.

okay, i can wait. But what should i look for to know when to pick or top clip or whatever i do.

Don't pick, top, or clip. Keep your hands in your pockets.
Wait until the pistils are all dark and then, like I said, decide, depending on the type of high you want, what percentage of trichomes you want to be amber on the small leaves attached to the buds. You need to read the harvesting stickies. http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18

Learn about trichome maturity and get a pocket microscope from Radio Shack. Early harvest gives you a hilarious party high with an active imagination. Late harvest gets you bombed, stoned, couchlock; meaning don't make any plans for a few hours. You have to decide, but in any case, I think most people here will agree, don't harvest until at least 40% of the trichomes are amber. Other people wait much longer. Again, it's a matter of preference. Late stage buds will usually be much larger.

Google "harvesting marijuana." You will find plenty of resources. Read a few, because some will contradict each other, but you will gradually get the idea.

Many of the people here are much more experienced than me. Peruse these forums; there is a wealth of information for beginners. I'm one too, but I learned a lot in a short time here.

FLowering cycle of your plants may vary due to your location.
Remember the flowering cycle is caused by the changing of
the light color and time, which is dictated by the tilt of
the earth.

Depending where on the planet you are, you may have a earlier
or later harvest.

But as Slart stated, dont do anything.
IMO If I did anything. I would fill up 1 gallon jugs of ph'd water
and put a tiny pin hole in it, and let it drain in to your plants.
And spray some insect repellant.

Goodluck

Latest posts

Back