correct fan and filter needed ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rebel

rebel
Reaction score
I have a 4x4x7' grow room with a switchable 600watt 6" cooltube.
my room is part of a 8'x12' that i boxed off and has a window at one end.
i can use the window for air also.

I want to put a hole or two at the bottom for intake and exhaust thru the top and back into the main room.

fan and filter will be mounted outside of grow area in the main room.

can someone link me to the fan and filter i need, size and best price ?

The Phresh inline air filter are nice hXXp://www.plantlightinghydroponics.com/phresh%C3%82%C2%AE-inline-filter-6in-p-4175.html

thats a Great site ozzy showed ya...here is where I got my setup for my 4x4 tent...scroll down past the filter and you will see a setup with a $154 and change...you want one end of the Scrubber sealed...you can close off one end if ya get the one ozzy was showing...but IMO..hard to stand up outside the tent...Hope this helps rebel

hXXp://www.amazon.com/iPower-GLFILT6M-Control-Australia-Charcoal/dp/B008NYF8S4/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1382116232&sr=8-1&keywords=carbon+filter

:48:

:ciao: ozzy

now how could MarrP link that for credits???

been surfing to find out give me or some of the read it guys to find out how.

one this is we will have to start allowing live links so that the sites can track traffic.

I made a link on Amazon. I have to do that if you want to link to focused products. It's like this:

hxxp://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B008NYF8S4/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957& creativeASIN=B008NYF8S4&linkCode=as2&tag=mpforum-20

That filter I showed is a inline filter. Not the open side filter like most sell. OP said the filter and fan would be in the outer room. By pulling the air out of the tent then thru a filter first thing you clean the air better. If you exhaust the air from the tent into the bigger room then clean the air you will have to have a bigger fan and filter too. Instead of figuring the fan and filter on the tent size you will need to figure it on the outer room size

I dont understand ozzy...my 4x4 tent is in a bedroom..my 600 and 440cfm with speed control exhaust is in the tent pulling air through the light out the tent and into the scrubber..I did not take the bedroom into count just the tent????

:48:

4u Do you exhaust into the carbon filter after the fan motor?

You can actually exhaust, pushing through the filter rather than pulling through the filter and it will work but not as efficiently as pulling through. I don't know if Smoke is doing it that way or not. I would just hang the filter inside the tent, up in the ceiling of it then let it pull through it and the lights then have the fan outside the tent. :)

ozzydiodude said:
4u Do you exhaust into the carbon filter after the fan motor?

heres a rough drawing of how I set mine up..seems to be working well...temos..RH..all in check...the carbon filter I have is Huge and I felt was to heavy for the tents frame...

tentgrow.png

IC I didn't know you could push air thru the scrubbers

Here you go!
hxxp://www.htgsupply.com/Product-A-GrowBright-6in-Inline-Fan-&-Carbon-Filter-Combo

4u2sm0ke said:
heres a rough drawing of how I set mine up..seems to be working well...temos..RH..all in check...the carbon filter I have is Huge and I felt was to heavy for the tents frame...
Yeah some of those beasty filters are mighty iffy to hang inside the tents as them things are seriously heavy. The ones that I use are 12"dia x 24" long and not too heavy to hang them against the side of the ceiling of the tent. Another good way to set up a really big one that you just don't have room for it in the grow space(the bigger the carbon filter, the longer it will last); make a sealable box that is big enough to house the filter with several inches of air space around it. connect an inlet port that comes from inside the tent to the air space of the box and then connect the exhaust fan to the outside of the box where you have a hole made for the filter flange to stick through. This will allow the air to be pulled through the lights in the tent and out to the box where it gets pulled through the filter in the more efficient pattern.

Or get a great big one and run it backwards like 4U has his as it does work like that. :)

Latest posts

Back