Crook Kush/ 1st grow cfl's

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mrellis419

Reaction score
This is my first attempt at growing. I planted the germinated seed sept 30, 2009. I went with cfl lights because i have to wait till i get my kids Christmas out of the way before i can get a light that requires a ballist. I build a frame for my plant i need to add some panels and paint. I use miricale grow dirt and some kind of chimical that says grow(2-1-1) at the bottom i use it twice a week. for light i use 13 26w daylight cfl's.

crook kush 1.jpg

crook kush 2.jpg

crook kush 3.jpg

It's been about a week since i took and posted pics. I took a few pics of my cfl lighting system so you guys can leave me some cfl tips. i quit useing my grow nutriants because somebody told me M/G has enough in it.

crook kush_lights.jpg

crook kush_lights2.jpg

crook kush4.jpg

crook kush.jpg

crook kush2.jpg

crook kush3.jpg

Just a quick comment about your lights. CFL's lose a lots of these efficiency the further you get away from them. For vegging, I'm just not sure how much good you are getting from those lights mounted horizontally. The one's on the splitters are fine. Try and keep your CFL's within about 2"(5cms).

The ol green mojo headed your way.

thanks for the tips guys, keep them coming. I changed my lighting setup so that all of my lights are closer and i was able to do away with 4 of my 26w cfl's thanks to the new setup

crook kush_lights3.jpg

crook kush_lights4.jpg

just some pics so i can remember the stages of my plants life(like my kids lol).

10-21-09.JPG

10-21-09_2.JPG

10-21-09_3.JPG

10-21-09_4.JPG

10-21-09_5.JPG

awww u r a good daddy! nice pictures...christmas is coming..wowzers time to start getting presents..

2Dog said:
awww u r a good daddy! nice pictures...christmas is coming..wowzers time to start getting presents..

lol yea I'm buying my kid plant a hps light for christmas lol

sundancer245 said:
do you know what strain they are?

no don't know the strain i just know it was good reg MJ. I am waiting on some purp seeds from a friend.

I just moved to a new house and build my plant a smaller sturdier box, i'ma get the panels for it later.I was shoping for some worm casting and bought a new cfl light it's a 125w. At this new house i have been finding ladybugs on my plant, are they good or bad for plant?

125 watt cfl.jpg

125 watt cfl2.jpg

CrooK Kush.jpg

CrooK Kush2.jpg

CrooK Kush3.jpg

CrooK Kush4.jpg

CrooK Kush5.jpg

CrooK Kush6.jpg

CrooK Kush7.jpg

CrooK Kush8.jpg

CrooK Kush9.jpg

mrellis419 said:
At this new house i have been finding ladybugs on my plant, are they good or bad for plant?

Looking good, I'm sure your plants enjoy the new light setup.

Ladybugs...I retrieve them whenever I can and put them on my plants. They eat an incredible variety of bugs.

What did you pay for that 125W cfl and the reflector? How many lumens does it put out?

Yea, I heard ladybugs are good! Keep em! Looking good man!

my plant is 5 weeks old now. i had 2 42w cfl's so i decide to use them for flowering for right now until i get my hps lamp, i just wanna see if it's a boy or girl, if it's a girl i might switch here back to veg mode. 2wks ago i started using earth juice (grow) and i think i used to much cause my leaves started turning brown like they was burning.

SDC10258.JPG

SDC10257.JPG

SDC10256.JPG

SDC10255.JPG

SDC10254.JPG

SDC10253.JPG

SDC10252.JPG

Latest posts

Back