cure question!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SmokeUpJohnny

Reaction score
some of you may remember that I had to cure my 3 babies pretty fast, but for those who don't know here is what happened (important to know before my question)

I chopped my plants about a week or a week and a half before my 3 week vacation, I trimmed them and hung them up for a day, then I took the buds off the stems and laid them on screens and dried them for several more days (got this method from a friend who owns a grow shop in the netherlands)

I then jarred them for 4 days, burping them a few times a day....

then I risked it and left them sealed for 3 weeks...

I just got back home a few days ago and they don't have any signs of mold on them....they have been sealed for 3 weeks....

so are they cured? is there anything else I need to do?

thanks!

Johnny

When you opened the jar are the buds moist when you squeeze them? If so then you need to continue burping, if they're really damp you might need to pull them out and put them back on the screen. If the bud feels dry enough to smoke then you're in pretty good shape. They will continue to cure, just avoid extreme heat, cold, and do not store in direct light.

In my experience, mold usually starts on the inside, so checking the surface doesn't give you a full picture.

:)

Latest posts

Back