Curing question - smells like ammonia

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hey shitking just take them outa the jars until they are bone dry thisll sort ya probs

lol

uk420maan

uk420maan said:
hey shitking just take them outa the jars until they are bone dry thisll sort ya probs

lol

uk420maan

:rofl: now i can tell you been drinking

:eek: UK420 you are brutal! I'll leave them in the bag for now or I'll have a steaming, stinking pile of.....bud.

scatking said:
:eek: UK420 you are brutal! I'll leave them in the bag for now or I'll have a steaming, stinking pile of.....bud.
Hope it sorts the problem Scatking:cool2:
I'll be interested to know if you can clear it:tokie:

I've haven't grow anything yet but I remembered reading about that ammonia smell..

This was on this page. Ed Frank and Rosenthal? (I'm :joint:)

Near bottom.

Sweat Curing
Sweat curing is the technique most widely used in Colombia. Long branches containing colas are layered in piles about 18 inches high and a minimum of two feet square, more often about ten by fifteen feet. Sweat curing actually incorporates the fermenting process. Within a few hours the leaves begin to heat up from the microbial action in the same way that a compost pile ferments. Then change in colour is very rapid; watch the pile carefully, so that it does not overheat and rot the colas. Each day unpack the piles, and remove the colas that have turned colour. Within four or five days, all the colas will have turned colour. They are then dried. One way to prevent rot while using this method is to place cotton sheets, rags, or paper towels between each double layer of colas. The towels absorb some of the moisture and slow down the process.
Sweat curing can be modified for use with as little marijuana as two large plants. Pack the marijuana tightly in a heavy paper sack (or several layers of paper bags), and place it in the sun. The light is converted to heat and helps support the sweat.
Another variation of the sweat process occurs when fresh undried marijuana is bricked. The bricks are placed in piles, and they cure while being transported.
A simple procedure for a slow sweat cure is to roll fresh marijuana in plastic bags. Each week, open the bag for about an hour to evaporate some water.

In about six weeks, the ammonia smell will dissipate somewhat, and the grass should be dried. This cure works well with small quantities of mediocre grass, since it concentrates the material. __________________ Lucky I can copy and paste. Near bottom...

What it means to you I dunno. GL though

Latest posts

Back