damn hermie

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

daddycrazy

DADDYKRAZY
Reaction score
im in like my 7th week of flowering and i noticed some seed formations will this wreck the rest of my plants and also will they pollinate if left in my room to long i know i stressed them in the veg state but everything looked ok up until know i only have 4 plants 2 of them are showing what looks like seeds my other 2 dont im ready to start flushing i just dont want them hermies to cause any problems or should i just say oh well and worry about it next time seeing that im so close to being done :afroweed: :afroweed:

just pulled a hermie an hour ago
buggers..
make sure its definite hermie before trashin it

hydrochloride said:
Bracts? Is that the same thing as Pistillate Calyx?
"bracts" =calyx...yes :confused:...

In botany, a bract is a modified or specialized leaf. Bracts are ordinarily associated with reproductive structures (subtending flowers, inflorescence axes, or cone scales). They are ordinarily reduced in size relative to foliage leaves, or of a different color or texture from foliage leaves, or both.

Some bracts are brightly colored and serve the function of attracting pollinators.

;)

:peace:

what is a nanner it looks like it could be a seed cant really tell you said if it is pull it out of my room know or wait until its almost done flowering i really hate to throw it out it really smells lovely will it pollinate everyone else if left in the room to long

daddycrazy said:
what is a nanner it looks like it could be a seed cant really tell you said if it is pull it out of my room know or wait until its almost done flowering i really hate to throw it out it really smells lovely will it pollinate everyone else if left in the room to long
a naner is a lone male flower they start green then turn yellow when there ripe it actually looks like a very tiny banana. a full male flower is a sack with multiple bananas!!
now have you checked if those are indeed seeds forming it sounds to me its just a swollen calyx. pull one off and see if it is a seed. if there are seeds then there must be a hermie in there somewhere it could be one of the plants without the seeds that went hermie so your gonna have to look them over very good. plus your in week 7 so even if they are hermies i would still let them finish a few seeds aint bad you will still get some good smoke. just clean your grow room before the next batch goes in.

Bro,,I just went thru the same thing at 8 weeks. I cut her down and she is in the Drybox now,,click this link http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/showpost.php?p=446801&postcount=36

She was still very potent,,but the longer you let it go((IF IT IS HERMIED)) tha more areas it tries to make seeds. Its hard for me to explain to ya,,but its like it has an area for seeds,,but none has formed COMPLTELY yet. To me its wasted space. So if its a Hermi,,,and make sure it is 1st,,,I would remove her. Ya can always use it for Bubble Hash.:hubba:

everyone keeps saying trash the hermie im into my 7th week of flowering and my girls look damn good to good to throw in the trash because of a few seeds i dont know what to do but i know i dont want to toss them what about flushing them how can i do that or do i just dry them without flushing :confused: :confused:

daddycrazy said:
everyone keeps saying trash the hermie im into my 7th week of flowering and my girls look damn good to good to throw in the trash because of a few seeds i dont know what to do but i know i dont want to toss them what about flushing them how can i do that or do i just dry them without flushing :confused: :confused:

Have you checked to make sure that seeds are actually forming?

If so, the plants with the seeds are not necessarily the plants that are hermies.

Try to make absolutely sure that they are hermies before pulling.

LOL--No one is telling you to throw them in the trash. Just that the hermies should be pulled and removed to stop any further pollination. You want to remove any source of pollen, as a hermie plant is capable of creating thousands of seeds. You sacrifice both quality and quantity when a plant is seeded, but it is definately smokable bud :D.

I was thinking today, what would happen to the hermie is you just removed the nanner to keep it from maturing, would the plant be safe to keep in the room under a close eye. If anyone has tried this I would love to hear about it. I am sure it would really stress the plant, but if you were going to chop it anyway, you could milk it out for hash.

Yes,you can remove the nana's so no further pollination occurs and please don't kill the plant as there is absolutely no reason to as unfortunately at this forum there is a lot of hysterical nonsense being uttered about nana's with people shouting "KILL IT" when they are talking absolute zero experience parrot fashion tosh.

Pluck the nana's off,you'll be fine,enjoy your pot.

Rockster said:
Yes,you can remove the nana's so no further pollination occurs and please don't kill the plant as there is absolutely no reason to as unfortunately at this forum there is a lot of hysterical nonsense being uttered about nana's with people shouting "KILL IT" when they are talking absolute zero experience parrot fashion tosh.

Pluck the nana's off,you'll be fine,enjoy your pot.

"http://www.marijuanapassion.com/Gall...m/dsc03521.jpg
late staminate flowers..
"if" you see something simmilar, it is a hermie and should be removed/isolated if youwant sensi' from the rest of the crop.
The seeds are worthless. Please don't use them or pass themm along."
Eliminating/removing hermies and their genetics from any grow is certainly NOT... hysterical nonsense.
And don't give me that "zero" experience "parrot fashion tosh".
I'm "not" a breeder, neither do I 'claim' to be, or 'profess' to be.
But I have been 'making seeds' for for a couple of decades. And hermophradism is not a characteristic that is easy to eliminate/breed OUT of a strain. Neither is it a 'desirable' characteristic. But it IS very easy to further proliferate by allowing (either mistakingly or purposely) it's pollen to father seeds.
THAT us what all of the "parrots" are "toshing".. :p Not tha a late hermie, or any hermie cannot produce 'smokeable' product, but that it is not a favorable trait, nor one that should be allowed to further ingrain itself into the gene pool.
"parrot fashion tosh."..... (squaaak).. "Rocker wanna cracker".?.. ;) hee hee

If it some good quality smoke keep it for gods sake man.
If you do see nana's just remove em and if the others are effected its probably too late anyway.
I wouldn't be throwing em for no-one thats for sure but as said above dont feel tempted to keep any seeds you find and make sure you give the grow room a damn good clean down after this grow before you put anymore in.
Just put this one down to experience, is it really such a big deal to pick the odd seed out?
The stuff you grown is still probably twice as good as what the average stuff on the street, throwin it at this point to me would just be nuts!!!

Just my opinion tho

Latest posts

Back