Dank is back.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Well, iam back. and iam back bigger than ever, but my problem is. iam a complete noob with hydro as some you already know. so i need someone that will monitor my thread alot. willing to be my teacher. i know soil. and i know it well, but i dont know hydro!!! arg. so if anyone feels up to the task, this is what iam working with, i have alot and almost all, the things i need. so again, if anyone feels they can accurately guide me. please step forward. you can get alot from the pictures, almost self explanitory.

Dc
p.s. now i prefer to leave this post here as it will be a good tutorial for people behind me.
iam going to be posting alot of info here for myself and others, even if its here, i have my
medical bible to assist me, but not nearly as well as experiance could.
now this was also a kinda of d.i.y. as all the parts werent there. it started with this

and bought these parts.
Sensi grow nutrients by advanced nutrients.
1050something gallon water pump.
ph up and down.
30-60gallon water heater.
ec meter.
ph meter.
ets meter.
water thermometer for res.
and a brain fart. i'll make another post when i get more info on it.
oh yes, the res temp was 69 degree's this morning. so as lon as it stays anywhere from 68 to 72 degrees, iam happy.
i think thats right ^.

Nothen like starten out small there noob.:eek: Good job.What tha hell can I tell you,except,,,send any left overs to Cowboy @ PO Box BR549Budsky:D

ahh yes, this is the aeroflo2, 60 unit. with 2 tables removed.

HippyInEngland said:
Welcome back.

Photobucket pics are unsafe.

Nice set up :)

:peace:

not trippin, iam legal, this whole setup is legal, they can kiss my ***.
at any rate. it is great to be back.

starting small? when did i ever do that lol. i like my meds, and i like my horticulture, of course there wont be just one or 2 plants laying around lol.
ahh yes, and another bit of info i forgot,
these are all seedlings, no clones.
looking for moms, and iam also wondering. how many of you delt with a setup this big?
Dc

oh, now i think i got what u meant, i'll get new pics nad upload into the gallery. sorry bout the misunderstanding.
Dc
p.s. this whole time i forgot to mention, iam using two, 1 thousand watt hps, with hortilux super hps full spectrum bulbs..

DankCloset, nice set up you have there, how are you going to transfer your dirt ladies into the hydro system? Does that setup have sprayers in it, if so you need to watch for clogging issues whether its dirt, or salt build up or roots etc. Clogged sprayers are the reason I quit using anything that relied on sprinklers or sprayers, might canabalize and old system into a cloner though. Anyways, I to am just starting my first bigger grow, nothing to crazy, I got about 30 in the system and room for another 18 or so. I'll keep an eye on ya if you want lol. I'm sure you will do fine, you appear to have done your due dilligence so I can't see you failing. One thing I'm personally concerned about in my own grow is the amount of water my plants will require once large. I'm still working on getting my auto top up working in my own system (should have installed it in the controller bucket, lesson learned). Good luck man I'm excited to follow along.

HippyInEngland said:
Welcome back.

Photobucket pics are unsafe.

Nice set up :)

:peace:

thats a cool tattoo.. hint hint;)

Nice pitbull too mang.

Tater said:
DankCloset, nice set up you have there, how are you going to transfer your dirt ladies into the hydro system? Does that setup have sprayers in it, if so you need to watch for clogging issues whether its dirt, or salt build up or roots etc. Clogged sprayers are the reason I quit using anything that relied on sprinklers or sprayers, might canabalize and old system into a cloner though. Anyways, I to am just starting my first bigger grow, nothing to crazy, I got about 30 in the system and room for another 18 or so. I'll keep an eye on ya if you want lol. I'm sure you will do fine, you appear to have done your due dilligence so I can't see you failing. One thing I'm personally concerned about in my own grow is the amount of water my plants will require once large. I'm still working on getting my auto top up working in my own system (should have installed it in the controller bucket, lesson learned). Good luck man I'm excited to follow along.

i washed the roots on 4 of the plants, and decided that was too time costly, and ordered clones lol.
most of those seedlings are going in soil.

i've set up so many grows it isnt funny, but this is the first room i've owned. of substancial size.
thats cool if you stop in and give your person experiance.
the ph was 6.33 when i balanced it.
temp was about 60, turned up the heater too.
figured out how to ph balance all the runners.
the holes in this daddy are big in the sprayers. just holes in the tubes. plus theres a filter on the pump :D

TURKEYNECK said:
thats a cool tattoo.. hint hint;)

Nice pitbull too mang.

oh iam sure millions of people have gone through my album, ;D i made it public on purpose :D
thanks for the compliments tho.
Dc

ok since i jacked up my first post, me bein a stoner and all lol.
feb_3rd_055.JPG

feb_3rd_058.JPG

feb_3rd_059.JPG

feb_3rd_060.JPG

feb_3rd_062.JPG

feb_3rd_063.JPG

feb_3rd_064.JPG

feb_3rd_065.JPG

feb_3rd_071.JPG

i also changed out the res and the runners, that was fun. glad i only gotta do it 8 times lol.
question for the mentoirs, well because my water is from well, i gotta feeling thats why its about 7.00-8.00 on the ph scale, i ph balanced the res and the runners. they all stay within .10 of each other. but my question is, is it ok as long as they stay within 5.5--6.5? its about 6.2 right now.
lemme know what yall think. oh yes, i did clean roots and do some transplanting today too.
Dc

Thats a nice set up man. I'm curious as to how much you expect out of that set up, but I'll do the math myself. What kind of ppm/pH tool are you using?

you know, thats funny you ask, because i dont have a damned clue, this is my first time venturing out of soil, besides the aero cloner i do have, which aint ****, 7-14 day runs, not 8 weeks. so none the less, 40 plants, in hydro, with another 30 or more in soil around it, from seed, so iam not really expecting alot from this harvest, this harvest will be to weed out males, experiance on the hydro, pay for itself, and my bills from it.
2000watts x 40 plants in hydro
2000watts x 40 plants roughly in soil
with fox farm complete line up for soil.
in fox farm ocean forest mix soil
hydro guard
hydro nutes; sensi grow a & b, sensi bloom a & b.
my ph meter is called a "checker" pretty generic, its a pen tester.
i'am expecting a faster yield, not a heavier yield, although iam expecting it to show a lil better results than my soil grows, i put more damned time into it lol.
everyday.
Dc

p.s. you know, i could put the other 2 runners on for another 20 plants lol...... but i like my soil idea to compare.

looks like your on the right track Dank.. Def want to get that Ph down though... I certainly wouldnt let it go over 6.0. the 5.5-6.0 window is vital for "optimal nutrient uptake" and all that..but It'll be cool to watch the soil/hydro side-by-side..

for sure, i'll go get that down. i'll try and keep em around 5.5-6.0. thanks, i'll go snap some more pics a lil later today.

Dc

You can let your pH swing as far as 6.5 but after that you are looking for trouble. There is a nutrient availability chart somewhere around here that shows you which nutrients are available at which pH levels. Don't let it sit at 6.5 for to long, like a day at most, then bump it back down, but do it slowly. Never more than a 1.0 change over 24 hours or you could shock your ladies.

today all the runners and the res read ph. 6.2 so its ok. it varies from 1. through 2. a day. i belive.
Dc

Latest posts

Back