DarkSideoftheBloom: The Story So Far..

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hick said:
but.... 18/6 is not saving a cent..."if" it requires an additional few days of vegging to reach the same maturity level for flowering. :doh: In addition, the dark hours induce stretching, which removes 'more' of the budding sites further from the light source.
"I" believe the only possible benefit of running less than 24/0 is to allow cooling of the hid components.
:goodposting::doh:

darksideofthebloom said:
okay, so I replanted the girls today. tried three different types of medium just to observe how they react. these are just bag seeds from a good batch of pineapple kush I had.. They germinated well and I have high hopes for harvest time-- but if they turn out to be controls for future grows, I suppose I can live with that too. Will update soon!

Sitting on 5 fem. Raspberry cough and 5 fem. Blackjack seeds from nirvana. They're next!

Keep a good eye out for hermies, as these seeds probably came from hermie stock--anytime you find seeds in quality bud that SHOULD BE sensimillian, the plant has almost certainly selfed and the seeds will carry the hermie gene.

:goodposting: Thanks you answered a question I had about hermies that I hadnt asked. Also, can a plant hermie due to temp changes/improper temp?

It depends how sever. When a plant goes hermie due to stress its usually to try and keep its line alive. If put under enough stress for the plant to presume its going to die then it kicks in the hermie.

I have heard it said that if bottom of the plant has a big difference in temp to the top of the plant it can hermie although i have never experienced it.

MosesPMG said:
:goodposting: Thanks you answered a question I had about hermies that I hadnt asked. Also, can a plant hermie due to temp changes/improper temp?

Just as with 'light stress", dependent upon the "strength/stability/quality" of the genetics.

goddess-- very good point. we got 5 seeds total from 2 oz, most all of the buds were impressive and clean, but we found a few along the way. i can definitely see the chance you're talking about though. thanks for the heads up!

the lights have been on 24/7 for maybe close to a week now and i agree-- lights on always are making a difference in growth. anyway, here's an updates of the ladies. not even two weeks in... ahhhhh so anxious!

Day 12:
View attachment IMG_0094.JPG

View attachment IMG_0093.JPG

View attachment IMG_0092.JPG

#3 is looking a lil ragged....I wld keep an eye on it...the other two look good. The whole DIY co2 thing is not worth the time, trouble and money...if you want to add more co2 to the grow space then spend the money on a good inline fan....computer fans are less then ideal for ventilation. Jmo

Hamster- totally agree with you. The jug, water, sugar, and yeast were all compliments of my kitchen, though. I'm over budget with the op at the moment, will be investing in better ventilation asap.
as for #3, she's always been the runt. Could never get her to really take off, so to speak. I've been trying to make sure they have the right nutes, but I am very new to this. Will keep my eyes on her though. Thanks for the insight! I was hoping my other two were lookin about like they should!

Hey dark. Whats going on? How are the plants?

my apologies to everyone for being gone so long, believe me, it's great to be back!!!! hit financial problems and- for obvious reasons- I elected to cut off the Internet for a while instead of electricity.. Lol! missed you guys!

alright, an update on the girls-
#1 has been topped twice so far, looking like a beast!
#2 has not been topped, but still looking very amazing.
#3 was pulled bc she just wasn't seeming healthy at all.

I put two feminized seeds in the ground 5 days ago- blackjack and raspberry cough (from the doctor doctor package found @ nirvanashop.com). will go take some pictures of the girls in an hour when they wake up. Thanks everyone for continuing to check in. pictures in a bit, I promise!
as always, green mojo and best of luck to every one of you..

IMG_0124.JPG

IMG_0127.JPG

IMG_0125.JPG

IMG_0129.JPG

IMG_0128.JPG

IMG_0130.JPG

the new girls :)
IMG_0131.JPG

this is day 2 of flowering for the biggin's!
thanks for checkin in!

Really Nice and green buddy, Looking good.

Latest posts

Back