Day One Hydroponic Setup

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

acet

So I have purchased a small hydro set up and am wondering if everything I'm doing is correct and possibly looking for some pointers.

The nutes for veg:
Flora Gro: 2-1-6 12.5 ml per gallon of spring water.
Flora Micro: 5-0-1 7.5 ml per gallon of spring water.
Flora Bloom: 0-5-4 2.5 ml per gallon of spring water.
Botanicare Sweet Citrus. 10ml per gallon of spring water.

The nute for flowering:
All nutes listed above
Via Bloom 0-52-34 1ml per gallon of spring water.

Water:
Right now I only have a gallon of water. Is that enough? The water reservoir is 4 gal and the growing pot is 2 gal so i am guessing 1 gal of water is ok.

Re-Plant:
I also replanted my 12 week old plant. I did exactly what the guide said but I want to make sure that I didn't screw anything up. First I carefully removed the excess soil from the pot. Then I carefully pulled out the plant along with all the dirt and shook most of the dirt off. Some of the roots tore off with the dirt (really nothing I could help). I took the plant with the roots which were still partially covered in dirt and washed the root off with warm water until the roots were dirt-free. I then replanted the plant into the hydro set up and now im waiting. Today is day one. I keep the light on 24/7 and the hydro system does the rest. I hope my baby survives.

Is there anything else you guys can recommend? I'm just a beginner in the hydroponics field and am trying to learn on how i can impove the plant's health. I will get pictures soon.

acet said:
So I have purchased a small hydro set up and am wondering if everything I'm doing is correct and possibly looking for some pointers.

The nutes for veg:
Flora Gro: 2-1-6 12.5 ml per gallon of spring water.
Flora Micro: 5-0-1 7.5 ml per gallon of spring water.
Flora Bloom: 0-5-4 2.5 ml per gallon of spring water.
Botanicare Sweet Citrus. 10ml per gallon of spring water.

The nute for flowering:
All nutes listed above
Via Bloom 0-52-34 1ml per gallon of spring water.

Water:
Right now I only have a gallon of water. Is that enough? The water reservoir is 4 gal and the growing pot is 2 gal so i am guessing 1 gal of water is ok.

Re-Plant:
I also replanted my 12 week old plant. I did exactly what the guide said but I want to make sure that I didn't screw anything up. First I carefully removed the excess soil from the pot. Then I carefully pulled out the plant along with all the dirt and shook most of the dirt off. Some of the roots tore off with the dirt (really nothing I could help). I took the plant with the roots which were still partially covered in dirt and washed the root off with warm water until the roots were dirt-free. I then replanted the plant into the hydro set up and now im waiting. Today is day one. I keep the light on 24/7 and the hydro system does the rest. I hope my baby survives.

Is there anything else you guys can recommend? I'm just a beginner in the hydroponics field and am trying to learn on how i can impove the plant's health. I will get pictures soon.

The water part confuses me a bit. But the nutes look good, 3 part GH is pretty good for cannabis. Also double check the Sweet I thought it was only 5 ml/gallon during veg and 15-20ml during flower...I could be wrong though.

snuggles said:
The water part confuses me a bit. But the nutes look good, 3 part GH is pretty good for cannabis. Also double check the Sweet I thought it was only 5 ml/gallon during veg and 15-20ml during flower...I could be wrong though.

Ok so the reservoir is 4 gals. The growing pot, the piece the sits in the 4 gal reservoir is 2 gals. So I have 2 gals of space that I could technically fill up with the 2 gals of water but IMO its too much so I am using a gallon. Does that make sense? The growing medium container is inserted in the reservoir.

Sure, I wasn't quite sure what it meant at first LOL. Everything sounds good to me. What type of light?

I have the 400watt HPS light on a 24/7 light schedule. Right now the light is about 4.5 feet away from the plants. Is that too far?

Also I have a question about cooling the closet. Right now I have a hole in one of the corners and there is a fan pulling the air out. What else do I need? An Intake fan?

My mom is complaining about the noise that the current fan makes at night. Is there a way to deaden the sound?

Ha, is your ma cool with it or what cause thats what i figured

80 degrees is dam good for having a 400w in a closet with only a fan pushing the air out and no intake. How big are your plants?

Yeah my mom is straight with it. She gave me money for the hydro setup. The deal is, I stay at school, I grow cannabis as a hobby. I'm so glad I have an awesome mom.

But yeah tomorrow I am planning on buying a huge carbon filter from Atlantis and it comes with a fan to vent everything out so I'll be all set.

btw, whitewidow I was just admiring your grow journal. l love your setup. Where would you recommend on getting some seeds from? Also what strand should I try if I'm looking for a good amount of yeild.

FINISHED building my computer case for drying purposes. Pics coming up tonight..

Thanks acet, well.... I would go with seedboutique or Dr.chronic, those are the ones with the best reputation and usually deliver from what ive read. Nirvana from seed boutique has great deals and is the cheapest around. They have BIGBUD which is supposed to give a "big" yield. Have you already got a ph meter? You will need one, and a tds meter will make your life a whole lot easier.:) RO water is also also going to help. Other than that, there is much more you could do, like carbon filters, intake, build a cool tube, buy an actual exhaust fan and probably more but isnt a must unless you want the best for your buds

DSC02845.jpg

My first little garden.

DSC02846.jpg

My transplanted baby. Hope she is gonna make it.

DSC02847.jpg

My fan setup. Being replaced ASAP.

DSC02849.jpg

Nutrient burn. Happened over a week ago. Still yellow leafs...

widowmaker said:
Thanks acet, well.... I would go with seedboutique or Dr.chronic, those are the ones with the best reputation and usually deliver from what ive read. Nirvana from seed boutique has great deals and is the cheapest around. They have BIGBUD which is supposed to give a "big" yield. Have you already got a ph meter? You will need one, and a tds meter will make your life a whole lot easier.:) RO water is also also going to help. Other than that, there is much more you could do, like carbon filters, intake, build a cool tube, buy an actual exhaust fan and probably more but isnt a must unless you want the best for your buds

I have a ph test kit but do not have the meter yet. I guess I'm getting my ph meter and tds meter as well. What is RO water? I used the water from Kroger since I figured it would be better than tap water. I'm planning on building my self an ultimate growing closet so all the items will end up on the list sooner or later. Yeah, anything you could recommend from the pictures?

hey,b-4 you go spending a couple hundred bucks ordering a carbon scrubber,check out dltokers homemade version (do a search),its the same concept,just alot cheaper.(also very easy to build with easy to get materials)
as for your baby you just put into the hydro setup.i'd suggest getting some superthtive (you can get a bottle for 10 bucks at homedepot) it'll help with the transplant.just dont go full strength,start off at 1/2 strength.anyways lookin good man.good luck

superthtive=superthrive =) ro water is reverse osmosis water.you can get it right at the grocery store.its 37 cents a gallon where i live.its not like buying a gallon of distilled or drinking water.its in a system,you bring your own gallon jugs (i use the gallon jugs milk comes in,just make sure its clean) or sometimes theres already bottles by the machine,you just fill the jug up yourself and pay 37 cents per gallon.if you dont use this,you would be fine using gallons of distilled water.

Thanks a lot on the advice. I will def look into it. Thanks a lot on the input. I am going to a home depot right now to get some stuff but i'll be back soon. Thanks.

and as for your plant that you overfed,give it a good flush of plain ph adjusted ro or distilled water.

Latest posts

Back