Day One Hydroponic Setup

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Aurora_Indicas_Dad said:
superthtive=superthrive =) ro water is reverse osmosis water.you can get it right at the grocery store.its 37 cents a gallon where i live.its not like buying a gallon of distilled or drinking water.its in a system,you bring your own gallon jugs (i use the gallon jugs milk comes in,just make sure its clean) or sometimes theres already bottles by the machine,you just fill the jug up yourself and pay 37 cents per gallon.if you dont use this,you would be fine using gallons of distilled water.

OH ok I know exactly what you're talking about. Which water is better to use, distilled or ro? or is there even a difference?

definitly check on that superthrive while your at homedepot though.i'd highly recommend it.

if I can give you only ONE tip.

*** buy yourself the best PH/EC/TDS meter you can afford ***

i recently bought one myself. and let me tell you.
instead of alot of guess work. Growing becomes an exact science.

Sure the color test PH kits are helpful, but thats it.. its junk.
color readings are vague and not precise. and WORTHLESS if you
want to test water that has color in it already like Nutes and Run off and
etc. its a great to be able to PIN POINT your PH and Nutes.. Believe me

MrPuffAlot said:
dont forget..

DONT TELL ANYONE you grow..

You know I have read that before and I didn't tell a soul but people know...I dont know how but they just do...What is a good way to go about that?

And yes I will def take the advice and buy the best equipment that I can afford.

If you haven't told anyone and nobody has seen your grow, deny it til the end. You're innocent until proven guilty. Just my thoughts. Take care and be safe.

smokybear said:
If you haven't told anyone and nobody has seen your grow, deny it til the end. You're innocent until proven guilty. Just my thoughts. Take care and be safe.

I mean my close friends know since they always come over but damn one person had to say something and now the knowledge circle is getting bigger. I guess I'm just gonna tell everyone that my plants died and that I dont grow cannabis anymore...

MrPuffAlot said:
if I can give you only ONE tip.

*** buy yourself the best PH/EC/TDS meter you can afford ***

i recently bought one myself. and let me tell you.
instead of alot of guess work. Growing becomes an exact science.

Sure the color test PH kits are helpful, but thats it.. its junk.
color readings are vague and not precise. and WORTHLESS if you
want to test water that has color in it already like Nutes and Run off and
etc. its a great to be able to PIN POINT your PH and Nutes.. Believe me

What PH.EC.TDS meter would you recommend?

That sucks that people know you grow, I would be paranoid as heck if anybody knew I grew. Its just that one person tells one person and so on,, remember although manufacturing marijuana isnt a big deal to us, to a judge its a good amount of time and not to mention the freakin swat team breakin the door down, so good luck on that. Hope i didnt scare you but this isnt something to be taken lightly. Anyway Ebay has some good ph and tds meters, you can get em cheap as 20 bucks.

widowmaker said:
That sucks that people know you grow, I would be paranoid as heck if anybody knew I grew. Its just that one person tells one person and so on,, remember although manufacturing marijuana isnt a big deal to us, to a judge its a good amount of time and not to mention the freakin swat team breakin the door down, so good luck on that. Hope i didnt scare you but this isnt something to be taken lightly. Anyway Ebay has some good ph and tds meters, you can get em cheap as 20 bucks.

Holy ****...damn...well whatever out of the 4 plants that I have now I'm guessing 2 will be males so that would leave me with 2 plants and I highly doubt that a swat team would show up for two plants. Or maybe they would. Damn...I'm paranoid as f*** now...

acet said:
Holy ****...damn...well whatever out of the 4 plants that I have now I'm guessing 2 will be males so that would leave me with 2 plants and I highly doubt that a swat team would show up for two plants. Or maybe they would. Damn...I'm paranoid as f*** now...

See the problem is. as the word spread about you. your 2 female plants
turns into a SOG thats producing LBS of smoke a month.

I use a Hanna combo meter. its now my magic wand.

acet said:

Just tell your friends that you overnuted your plants and they all died, and hopefully they spread the message. I know its hard not showin off such a rare and beatifull plant but at least you will have peace of mind.

Yeah bro.. And also if i were you i would get a blue lab ppm & PH meter.. They are the best. They are self calibration and the works.. Cant afford that go with the neutrawand..

I'm working on getting those. Yesterday I randomly decided to check water and found out that it was way to acidic. I didn't have anything to fluctuate the pH level with so I had to clean out my whole reservoir and put in a completely fresh mixture. The plant def looks like its doing better. I also watered the plants which are in the soil and boy, those things shot up in just one night. They are getting soo big. I'll get some pictures soon...

Latest posts

Back