Deer hunting season

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
HippyInEngland said:
...I cant understand how power is given to remove all this equipment, what happens to it?:peace:
It's the same as when the LEOs seize vehicles, homes, equipment, etc., from drug dealers; it's all stuff used in the commision of a crime, so it's forfeit. Then, when they have enough contraband to warrant it, the state'll have an auction, the proceeds of which go to their respective funds, in this case it'd go to the DFWL budget fund, or the state's general fund.

~Snax

snaxforgandhi said:
It's the same as when the LEOs seize vehicles, homes, equipment, etc., from drug dealers; it's all stuff used in the commision of a crime, so it's forfeit. Then, when they have enough contraband to warrant it, the state'll have an auction, the proceeds of which go to their respective funds, in this case it'd go to the DFWL budget fund, or the state's general fund.

~Snax

DNR (Dept. of Natural Resources) is everywhere! hahaha

snaxforgandhi said:

~Snax

......AND.. you wanna' hear the kicker??... The actual "owner" of property used in the commission of a crime, need not even have knowledge of it's use. And it still becomes "state property".
that is, if I borrow my neighbors truck to run to town to get gas for my truck, and along the way, see one of the afore mentioned 'decoy' deer, stop and take a shot with 'his' rifle from the gun rack in the rear window.
All of the property in the truck and the truck are subject to seizure.
Same with growing an illegal garden. If you sneak on the family farm or even a neighbors property and grow, that property is subject to seizure. With or without the owners knowledge or consent.
kooool ehh???

Same with growing an illegal garden. If you sneak on the family farm or even a neighbors property and grow, that property is subject to seizure. With or without the owners knowledge or consent.
kooool ehh???

Just one more reason to dislike trespassers.

bagged a nice 13 point elk in az, totaled the truck, but 1 call to game and fish and he came out and tagged it for me. oh.. it was wifeys truck. $

ELK2-2.jpg

ELK3-2.jpgkinda expensive

:holysheep: THATS CRAZY !

maybie hitting one is not so good of an idea . so can it be any type of rifle or do they got regulations?

Yes there are regs that differ state to state WV a .243 is the smallest caliber rifle, you are allowed to hunt. Ohio accross the river does not allow rifles just shotgun slugs. You can hunt deer with pistols above 357 mag. with a pistol permit.

I got my Buck opening Day! 20 minutes in my blind. Nice 8 point, 16 inch spread. Should be havin some BBQ tomorrow. Love the backstrap.:D

shot gun has not started for me but i got a small 8 pointer 3 weeks ago and just got a doe yesterday. i got 1 week left for archery the shotgun. then when my state ends i go to the state right next to me and hunt shotgun there. 2 weeks from then blackpowder. i always fill my tags opening day for shotgun. last yr i tagged 8 point buck and a doe within 30 seconds of each other could have shot 2 more if i had more tags

Hick said:
......AND.. you wanna' hear the kicker??... The actual "owner" of property used in the commission of a crime, need not even have knowledge of it's use. And it still becomes "state property".
that is, if I borrow my neighbors truck to run to town to get gas for my truck, and along the way, see one of the afore mentioned 'decoy' deer, stop and take a shot with 'his' rifle from the gun rack in the rear window.
All of the property in the truck and the truck are subject to seizure.
kooool ehh???
I knew about the DNR regs on seized property, but the deal about your land being forfeit if someone else is growin' on it?! That's seriously bunk! I've got acreage! And it's all pristine undeveloped PNW rain forest, perfect to hide in. Yikes! Now I'm seized by the need to go out and walk every inch of it to make sure nobody's trying to ruin my day!

hee hee .. nice "shot" Ca$h..:giggle: personally, I've never managed to bag one with any projectile traveling less that 2000 f.p.s. :hubba:

:D
Hick said:
...personally, I've never managed to bag one with any projectile traveling less that 2000 f.p.s. :hubba:
2000fps eh? Well, let's see..we take the 2000 and multilply it by.....and then divide it by the number of....mumble,mumble... Aha! So, you're saying that you don't think that truck could do 1,363mph? Yeah, you're prob'ly right. Don't look like she could do much over 900mph to me...:D

they may "have the right" to seize property for someone growing on your land, but I doubt that it happens very often, or the Ohio, and Michigan State Gov't would own many many acres of farmland (speaking of these states cause I've lived in them). My uncle had a few grows found by the eye in the sky yrs back, and he just played it off as he didn't know where it came from, how's he supposed to monitor 150 acres of corn. They never even questioned it. I know that I have grown on farmers land that got compromised and they never got in any trouble. (even had permission from a couple of them). So, while the may "have the right" I don't think they follow through with it very often, and I don't think it would stand up in court very easy. You can't just take away someones land that easy, especially if it's been farmed by the same family for many generations.

gave the meat away, antifreze???, my bud came and got my trl, gave him the rack. just glad didn't come thru winshield, wifey got a fat check from ins co $

I believe it varies from state to state too LF. I've seen te seizure law being used more as a method of coercion.

that makes sense, coercion, the threat of loosing the land might be enough for some to squeel....and man it would suck to be the first "example"

Latest posts

Back