deficiencys now?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
legalize_freedom said:
Solid info Ham!

Thanks but google gets the credit...lol:) I just did the search...they did the hvy lifting...

Actually, if I recall correctly- Hamster Lewis was the one who recommended rinsing the roots to me in the first place.

I filled a sink with water at about 70 degrees and gently "swished" the root mass in the water to remove the soil. Then I held the plant at the stem base and carefully filled in around the roots. 100% success rate and they were perked right back up within 2 days.

I would leave yours be for now stinkyelements and see how they do.

So, a big thanks to Hamster Lewis for some great advice!

BBFan said:
Actually, if I recall correctly- Hamster Lewis was the one who recommended rinsing the roots to me in the first place.

I filled a sink with water at about 70 degrees and gently "swished" the root mass in the water to remove the soil. Then I held the plant at the stem base and carefully filled in around the roots. 100% success rate and they were perked right back up within 2 days.

I would leave yours be for now stinkyelements and see how they do.

So, a big thanks to Hamster Lewis for some great advice!

Thanks BBfan..I am sure I was just passing on some info I received from someone else on this wonderful site...now if this was rollitup or one of the other tool sheds we wld just tell each other how bad we suck and not pass on the great info we hve learned while being here...I am sure glad it does not work like that here....:D

ME TO!....this is the only reason I'm here, had it been like all the rest, I'd be gone!

Yea Im sure anywhere else I would be told how much I shouldnt be growing or whatever......so thank all of you for taking your time to get me through the bumps in the road, and again thanks BBfan for passing the info. and the way to go about rinsing the roots on to me....

I might just let them go for now to not stress them anymore, and eventually re-pot in a new medium depending on how they're looking, but i am seeing more yellowing on smaller leafs and all throughout now just slightly getting lighter all over other than the new growth, the curling tips is concerning me too......
So sorry im a pain in the...........:eek:
any feedback still will help

Its a gamble either way...I mean if the medium you put them in is junk, then that is hard on them to. So with that being said you may want to just get it over with, and get them into some good soil, and then just leave them alone for awhile. It's a tough call, and ultimately one that you have to make. Will they recover in that stuff?...if not then screw it, and get the transplant over with rather than haveing them suffer longer in a crappy medium. If you decide to transplant, I would suggest going ahead and put them in a pot that is big enough that they can stay in until they are done. They definatly need left alone, but not if they are not going to thrive in that mix. Good Luck to you.

The only thing that keeps me from saying re pot them is that your new growth looks good...that carries a lot of weight with me...I hve seen many fan leaves that take their lumps and show battle scars continue to deteriorate after the problem has been rectified...your plants your call...no matter what happens just remember that we all took our lumps when we began...it's sucks but it is the best way to learn things...hands on, real world....you can read read read but it can not take the place of experience which is what you are going through now...

Okay sorry enough sermon....:) Just trying to say don't look at it as problems look at it as a learning experience....

I'd have to agree with Hamster on this one. Don't re-pot yet.

But you're still seeing the yellowing continue? Are the tips getting necrotic?

If you're seeing necrosis, I'd wait it out. But if you're seeing loss of color, even on newer growth, than a low dose of ferts with some nitrogen may be in order.

Like these guys say- it's a learning experience. Unfortunately, you'll probably have other problems before you're done. We've all been there. I wish you the very best of luck on your journey!

again thanks guys! I do look at it as a learning experience, i just love trying to make a good grow and the plant itself, it would just be nice to have a simple system that works for me, wich i will find, thanks to you.

new growth is awesome, so yea that is good but i def. see some lower and middle leaves slowly turning yellowish, not uniform but in spots, i dont know take look see if you can tell me if its something to worry about. Otherwise its growing nicely again and i may leave it for now and like LF said, repot to stay for good but check it out, see if you can see what im seeing.............!

Here she is if you can see the leaves have neon green spots on a few, im not sure if the tips are necrotic a few are yellowish and curled under only on a cpl. main colas?

Hockey and More 001.jpg

Hockey and More 002.jpg

Hockey and More 007.jpg

Hockey and More 003.jpg

Hockey and More 004.jpg

Alright Stinky,

I do see the discoloration, but theres no need to panic. Just to recap - they are in 2 gallon pots, Hyponex soil with added pearlite and you've added soluble Neptunes Harvests 2-4-1 only so far. They are roughly 8 weeks old. (clones or seedlings?) and were transplanted out of Miracle grow. Is this correct?

Im sorry jman check out the thread pistils before 12/12 its the updated one yes you are correct so far but i have retransplanted again for good in MG seed starter mix one girl into 2 and 4 gal. pots after a good rinse and theyve been thriving since but the discoloration continues. They are from Seedlings and about 6 weeks old

Latest posts

Back