Deforming of leaves??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Subnaum

Reaction score
Hey guys, been a min since i posted. So I got my garden going pretty good. I took the rotatiller down the hill(pain in the arse) and tilled in some peat some compost, chicken poo, some cow pow and a lil fert that was 5-10-5. I transplanted them all to the spot and they were doing GREAT! But now I got a lil problem i think. On about 5 of my plants, the top leaves are deformed some. The are twisted lookin, like there curling in on themselves. We have had alot of rain so i thought that might b the problem, but they havent corrected themselves yet. They are about a foot tall now and they look awesoem except for the very top leaves on some. Any info?? any would b greatly apprecticated. I put alot of blood sweat and tears into that patch, dont wana lose any of em. Thanks!

Pics would help and you would more likely get more answers if you had some. I would not even want to guess without pics

Subnaum said:
Hey guys, been a min since i posted. So I got my garden going pretty good. I took the rotatiller down the hill(pain in the arse) and tilled in some peat some compost, chicken poo, some cow pow and a lil fert that was 5-10-5. I transplanted them all to the spot and they were doing GREAT! But now I got a lil problem i think. On about 5 of my plants, the top leaves are deformed some. The are twisted lookin, like there curling in on themselves. We have had alot of rain so i thought that might b the problem, but they havent corrected themselves yet. They are about a foot tall now and they look awesoem except for the very top leaves on some. Any info?? any would b greatly apprecticated. I put alot of blood sweat and tears into that patch, dont wana lose any of em. Thanks!

How much Chicken Pooo did u use.? That high in N and for the rest how much.?
shouldn't add any fert u already did with what u add.
Yea need Pix..

Ill get pics up soon. I dont have a camera at the moment, but my dude does so ill post soon. I read around and I think Its because of all the fert. Its not on all the plants though. Only on about 5. I think that the roots of those plants might have hit a pocket of some cow poo. A couple of the turds i picked up did look a lil too fresh. The others look SOO good. There about almost a foot tall and have about 3 or 4 sets of leaves. At this stage in the game , are there any nutes I should add? I bought a bottle of super thrive, but i think im gonna save that till they get a lil older. Any infor greatly appreciated!!

Probably the pH is too low unless you added some calcium to the mix.

All that ****, if it isn't well rotted or composted can and will burn your plants. I would not add anything except water for a while and hope the worst has passed. Ditto on the pics. That is a month's worth of food for them already in the soil.

Yea they are starting to look alot better now. The yellow is gone and they are really starting to shoot up! ANother question though, what do I do about these darn bugs!?!? They are eating at my babies so bad in some spots. I dont wana use ne chems really. Anyone?

put a copper ring around the plants to keep slugs and snails away and i the worst comes to the worst hit spidermites with arid after trying every other recipe ! And an organic solution for the caterpillars is one called dipel ! but neem oil is high on the list for the rest ! peace and take care !

i had the same problem with my plants to! the only nutes i gave them was a little bit of MG i mixed in with the water. they grew in the ground and came from the same bag. one of the plants had the messed up leaves and the one growing right next to it didnt? and both of the plants have quite growing it seems there about a foot tall probly. still trying to figure out what happend to them..

Latest posts

Back