dehumidifier didnt help me at all :(

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

charlesweedmore

Reaction score
i bought a 20L dehumidifier and i have a split AC unit .i use AC at DRY mode. dehumidifier also works consistently .although that,RH dont down at all. Humidity is between 55-65 % and i am 5. week of flowering .

i have a grow tent ( 120cm X 120cm X200cm ) with an active intake and a exhaust .i use 600W hps.exhaust fan extract the air from inside of tent to outside of my house .

i put the dehuey in another room because it produce heat and as i said there is a split AC unit in same room .intake fan pulls treated air from this room.

DEhumidifier work well because i pour water tank of dehuey ( it is 5 Litre ) 2 or 3 times in a day but RH still dont decrease :(

Maybe the Dehumidifier tank is getting full from the moisture it's pulling from the room it's in.

Why not put the dehumidifier in the room and crank up the a/c ?

okay unless you are watering them everyday how could they loose gallons of water thru the leave each day? shouldn't the ac also dehumidify? how much water comes out of the tube? are you growing in sealab i just dont get where all that water could come from.

hydro?

hi hippy,
it is hard to believe ,i know, but it is true. i am running a dehuey ( i set the deuey @ 30% RH ) and a 9000btu split AC unit at " dry " mode in 16 m2 room, but RH is still around 50% !
they are running for roughly 10 hours.
and in tent, RH is between 50 - 65 % while lights are on. my grow tent and dehuey are in the different rooms and i use active intake fan to bring treated air to my tent.

lotek;
i dont grow in a sealed room mate.i extract air from inside of tent to outside to house,because if i dont extract the air to outside of house, temp will increase too much .

lol no i mean sealab. you know, down under the sea... :p!!! it was a cartoon from long ago, and a parody not so long ago.

whats your grow medium? whats the humidity outside your house?

maybe dry means so the ac unit runs dry and doesn't produce water? man i dont get where you are getting all this liquid from. i have higher humidity in my house and couldn't pull that much water if i tried. does your house have like auto adjusting humidity control in the central ac?

Do you have any water reservoirs inside the tent?

Is it possible to remove them?

Our ambient rh here is 50-60%

an air conditioned house should be fine, your humidity isnt that high, but maybe increase your ventilation.

hey charles, I have a setup very similar to yours - hydrofarm 20L/hr dehumidifer, with 3 5000btu ACs (they dont dehumidify). Most of my moisture comes from the propane Co2 generator. Do you have a continuous drain hose on the dehumidifier? Mine doesnt, and it fills up fast. My RH goes up when I water but keeping the dehumidifier running 24/7, i can get down to 30-35%. Without the dehumidifer i get 55-60%.

Are you using a sealed room with co2? If you are constantly pulling outside air into the tent, the RH will never decrease. I can only suggest that you put the dehumidifer in the grow room, seal the room, blast Co2 and run both dehumidifer and the AC 24/7. Use your inline to just vent the lights (thats is, if you are using aircooled hood) My flowering room is 20x10x10 with a chitload of plants and it works for me.

thanks guys. i live in a coast and outside RH is very high here .i grow in soil.
and it is not a sealed system.it is an open system .
i am pulling 10 -15 litre water in a day from dehuey.

1 ) i have a grow tent with 1 extractor and 1 active intake fan .
2 ) the tent in a room.

i cannot put dehuey in the tent because of heat and space problems.

greenfriend , i dont idea how a sealed system work . dont you need any extractor fans in a sealed system ? even dont you need a carbon filter ? because if grow room sealed,odour shouldnt be a problem,should it ?

you give co2 when lights are on for their photosynthesis,but plants need to oxygen to breath at nights, do you add o2 at nights or do you use a intake fan and a exhaust fan at nights to bring fresh air ?

If I remember, Charles, you live in the islands where it's very hot and humid.

Do you run central air conditioning in your house? If so, I'd check my condensate system on the house A/C. As Bonez said, the air inside an air conditioned house should be acceptable even before the dehuey. If not, I'm at a loss.

Good luck.

thankss. yes i live the island :)
i dont have a central AC system , i have only a split AC in my bedroom.i tried everything but nothing work to down RH.
so i put the dehuey next to my grow tent and in front of the grow tent .
I was be able to down humidity till 40% - 50% , but temperature jumped 90F at the this time.
i think warmer but less humid environment better ,Correct Me If I'm Wrong .

If your ambient RH is going to be so high you have no choice but to isolate the grow environment. maybe seal off half the room with painters plastic with a velcro door. pout the dehum in there.

charlesweedmore said:
thankss. yes i live the island :)
i dont have a central AC system , i have only a split AC in my bedroom.i tried everything but nothing work to down RH.
so i put the dehuey next to my grow tent and in front of the grow tent .
I was be able to down humidity till 40% - 50% , but temperature jumped 90F at the this time.
i think warmer but less humid environment better ,Correct Me If I'm Wrong .

Two words.

Krusty Buckets.

Google it.

If your rh is going to be high anyway, make it work for you;)

I use one of these hXXp://www.oxy.co.kr/eng/product/hama/ha_sub01.asp absolutely brilliant and costs nothing to run ;-)

Your A/C system is the most likely culprit. The coils in them will cause a lot of moisture in the air. This is why you see Hardware stores selling Humidifiers in the winter and Dehumidifiers in the summer. Air from heating systems tends to be dry and airconditioners add moisture to the air.

Reddy Kilowatt said:
Run dehumidifier in the room. Tape big duct over exhaust of dehumidifier and use that for the intake for your tent. You will be using slightly lower RH air for your tent. Empty water often. Cut a hole in the duct if too much air is coming out the dehumidifier exhaust fan but it will be dryer air in your tent. Too bad about the temperature in your room.

i am already doing this, but it doesnt work to decrease the temp because dehuey blows warm air.

And i dont have an AC system.just i live a humid area. outside RH is very high here.

Reddy Kilowatt - my plants look great,healthy and powerful. and yes , i am worried about the conditions because of what my meters read
hi hippy :)
Is the room where the dehumidifier is closed off or is the door left open?

i am keeping the room sealed , all windows and doors closed while dehuey works at nights, but exhaust fan blows the air from inside of the tent to outside of my house. may that be the main problem ? i read that " extract to same room is not good idea " so i am extracting to outside of building .but while doing this, treated ( dehumidified ) air goes to outside of house as well .
should i extract to same room to let humidity down ?

can i extract same room ,where the grow tent is in , unless there are high humidity and excessive heat problems ?

Latest posts

Back