Dehumidifier/Support for limbs.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

UncleSativa

Reaction score
I have a dehumidifier in my budding room during the last week of growth. I heard it helps bring out the defense mechs called tricomes out. Is this true? Anyway. I went out to my room this am and the humid level was at 98%!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Do the fans have something to do with it? If i turn them off will the humidity go down? I'm afraid of mold!! ALSO!!!!!! I have another ?. When my plants get big the limbs fall cuz the buds are to heavy. Any suggestions in how to keep the branches from bending? I have tied them up with velcro but it doesnt help to much. Any sugg on how to hold up EVERY limb? Take the stress off off the branch so it can concentrate on the buds.

Man you need to get some fans on those plants ASAP. Also crank that dehumidifier and get the humidity down to at least 60% if you want to encourage resin production get it even lower to like 50-40% range. You could tie the branches to the roof or use stakes to keep them up. It gets tough in the last week sometimes. My purple power strain is going through the same problems right now. Do you have ventilation in that room? You need fans on those plants like right now. 98% is crazy high. Good luck dude.

It is much more important to get the humidity down than it is to prop those branches up.

I don't know much about dehumidifiers, but I think you need to empty those on a fairly regular basis in order for them to work properly.

I've had my humidity go up really high like that at night when my plants were in the last stages of flowering with no mold, but during the day the humidity went down to an acceptable level.

Also, don't allow big buds to lean up against each other in such a way that they block air circulation, trapping moisture between them causing mold.

I have a 12inch fan coming in and 2 6 inch fans going out plus a normal fan blowing on the plants. I figured it out thanks to your replys. My dehud was full of water and had to be emptied. Everything is good now. Thanks for the help!!

i tie mine up to the main stem on the plant.i also use a dehumidifer

I've had my humidity go up really high like that at night when my plants were in the last stages of flowering with no mold, but during the day the humidity went down to an acceptable level.

I'm just guessing here but your fans are probably plugged into a power bar that is plugged into a timer and runs your lights. If you kept just a circulatory fan on there it would most likely help keep the humidity down. Sorry for the thread jackin.

Latest posts

Back