Moist

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I Just watered about 2 hours ago. Lights on about 70%. Settles at 75 degrees 56 humidity, which is acceptable, but not ideal. At lights off it goes down to 69 degrees around 55 humidity. I need to be around 40 humidity. I flipped to 12/12 last night. Seems like my lights on is good, it's my 12 hours of lights off I need to work on.

My closet is open on the top if you can picture that. It shares the same air as my bedroom. My closet door is shut and locked though. I have my 6" intake on the floor up against that closed door with a gap under the door which draws air from my bedroom also. Then I also dropped a 4" line from my central air directly into my tent.
I am thinking I would have to buy a decent sized dehumidifier to remove the humidity from my room, which the door stays open to the rest of the house, but at least it should remove some moisture and hopefully get my humidity down in to the 40's that would match well with my higher temps with lights on to get me in the green on the VPD chart. I'm just wondering if it would really make a difference, I think so. But would it make it dry, and maybe cause dry throat and eyes? Guess I won't know until I try it. I am looking at room size dehumidifiers in Facebook marketplace. Might give it a shot. The flowering VPD char is different than the vegetive VPD chart.
If you scroll down on this page you will see each plant phases recommended temps and humidity for optimal growth. I am sure you have looked at it before.

https://pulsegrow.com/blogs/learn/vpd-charts-in-fahrenheit-and-celsius-with-leaf-temperature
Ok I didn’t know you were looking for the VPD chart recommendations. I’m alway over 50% and my temps get tropical certain time of the year. I don’t think I’ve had any grows in the 40s yet. Good luck with your setup 😊

Ok I didn’t know you were looking for the VPD chart recommendations. I’m alway over 50% and my temps get tropical certain time of the year. I don’t think I’ve had any grows in the 40s yet. Good luck with your setup 😊
You would be surprised what this plant can adapt to. I am in a high desert and it has been dry here lately. Humidity here before sun down was 16%. My flower tent was/is 31%. I had to fight for humidity....today I don't care as the plant will adapt. Only thing I watch is over 60% .....equals pm

Yep with higher humidity I gotta make sure my crowded tent is always properly defoliated with plenty of air circulation. I’m usually picking leaves every time I open the tent. 60% not unusual for me tho and hasn't bothered the plants yet. They think they are on vacation in the tropics.

She's running 80/55 currently lights on. Sorry, just making notes at this point to use as reference. I like science. And I love growing mj. ❤️❤️❤️

I think VPD is a nice guideline and good to shoot for it but as you can see from many of the growers on here, the vast majority of which don’t worry about VPD, just trying to keep their environments ‘controlled’ based on temp and humidity(lower temps and humidity in flower) has yielded many a ‘bud of the month’. I agree with you that getting your lights off RH fown should be a goal. Maybe try running a dehumidifier only during lights off? In my head, I would have the dehumidifier cone on maybe an hour or so before lights out to get ahead of it.

I run my dehumidifier 24/7, I have it set up on a separate ejection pump that takes water from dehumidifier and out to drain off. My unit has a setting so it will come off and on automatically when it goes above 50-55% . No mold so far, only my outside plants which need biweekly sprays with Green Cure.

I think VPD is a nice guideline and good to shoot for it but as you can see from many of the growers on here, the vast majority of which don’t worry about VPD, just trying to keep their environments ‘controlled’ based on temp and humidity(lower temps and humidity in flower) has yielded many a ‘bud of the month’. I agree with you that getting your lights off RH fown should be a goal. Maybe try running a dehumidifier only during lights off? In my head, I would have the dehumidifier cone on maybe an hour or so before lights out to get ahead of it.
agreed.

For context, I went down the VPD rabbit hole a couple years ago. I didn’t want to spend the money to do it right so I went back up the rabbit hole. I think my first post about it, one member said ‘try it out and let us know what you find’. Might have even been @pute. I think that was ‘tongue in cheek’…😂

thread drift

what is wrong with me?

everytime i look at the title to this Thread , Moist , i think about the coffee girls and their friends….

the distraction is annoying

- Mods can delete this if so deemed -

D3990F2B-1859-4A90-B022-4E6C9C1607AF.jpeg

Wondering if this would put a dent in my bedroom that feeds my closet air.

Tosot 30 Pint Specification​

ProductTosot 30 Pint
Dimension13.4 x 19.5 x x 9.9 in
( 34 x 49.5 x 25.1 cm)
Weight34 lb (15.4 kg)
Fanspeed3
Coverage (up to)1500 sq. ft. (139 m2)
Airflow speed
Capacity22 Pint (30 Pint 2012 DOE)
Water tank1.6 gallon (12.8 pints)
Noise level48-52 dB
Power consumption
Timer/ Scheduler24 hours
FilterYes
Auto shut offYES
Continuous pump
Gravity drainageYES
DefrostYES
CastersYES
More color optionsYES
Wi-Fi/ Bluetooth
ENERGY STARYES
Remote control
Child lock
Warranty1 year
Email/ Phone supportYES

TOSOT 30 PINT
OFFICIAL WEBSITE

Key Features
  • 3 Fan speeds (Low/ Medium/ High)
  • Continuous drainage options
  • Intelligent control panel with digital display
  • Automatic Defrost/ shut-off
  • Power outage restart
  • Washable air filter
  • Removable drain bucket
  • 24-hour timer
  • Casters

It might. If you buy it from Jeff Besos, you can try it and see for a few weeks and if it doesn’t help, you can send it back to him free of charge😁. I like the ‘power outage restart’ idea. Not for power outages but you could put it on a timer so it will only run during lights out and it should go back to what ever you set it to when the timer provides power back to it. My DH doesn’t do that.

Latest posts

Back