did i win the seed lottery?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

loolagigi

UP UP AND AWAY!
Reaction score
well well, i have been having trouble locally finding grade A crip in my fl town at 50 a 1/8. a friend from years ago just dropped my off a 50 sack, and i asked how it was, he said "check it out" looked good..opened the bag and WHAM holy stink. best **** ive smelt in years. so i came in after a good dinner and started to break up some ganj from this bag to roll a dooby. and eureka, what do you know, a dark tiger stripped solid, viable seed. i alsmost crapped my pants. then as i was showing my g/f i dropped it on the carpet. i scrounged for 20 minutes until i found it. phew. its in a paper towel in a zip lock, in a dresser. cmooooooooon female. i pray it sprouts and is f. if it is my plans for buying seeds is posponed for a while. heres a pic of the bud it came out of, and the seed next to it. wish me luck. ill give a smoke report after i burn this dooby.:yay:

seed 002.jpg

sorry, i edited picture in forst post. i just smoked half a doob with my g/f. the taste omg, piney/dank, with lingering nose hair burning smoke. as i sit here i can feel my eyes droop, and am starting to perspire. jesus, maybe, just maybe i came across something special. and i was talking to my g/f, if its a male ill use the pollen to crossbreed. either way, if it germs im a winner.

when i rolled the joint i had to reroll it becaise the weed was sticking to the paper, ***? heres pics of the rest of bag. i wish i had a better cam to show up close. packed with trichs.

seed 003.jpg

seed 004.jpg

i just took a few more pulls off that doobie. taste like keif. hashy. i keep smacking my mouth and lips together to tatse the tastyness. can anyone identify strain like traits from pictures, and description?

:dancing: just broke up more for a doob. got 4 more seeds.....2 look viable 2 dont. i threw them in with the first seed. cant wait to see how many more come out of 1/8th. super sweet. my odds keep going up. i am so exited.

seed.jpg

Most seeds from bags are usually hermies, which produce unviable hermie seeds *MOST OF THE TIME.

Maybe you have, only way you can tell is to plant it!

Start a journal up!

When you find a seed or two in really good smoke that really should be sensimillia, be aware that there is a good chance that it is a hermie seed. If you grow this out and get a girl, keep a good eye out for nanners.

The Hemp Goddess said:
When you find a seed or two in really good smoke that really should be sensimillia, be aware that there is a good chance that it is a hermie seed. If you grow this out and get a girl, keep a good eye out for nanners.
i gotcha. i called the guy i got the bag from, and he told me he found seeds too so it seems like it was pollinated. maybe the grower wanted his own seed stock, but had to sell some too?

i am so medicated right now its like im 13 again. well not quite, but damn close. my tolerance is high. this stuff cuts right through me reminding me i am stoned. awesome

loolagigi said:
i gotcha. i called the guy i got the bag from, and he told me he found seeds too so it seems like it was pollinated. maybe the grower wanted his own seed stock, but had to sell some too?

No, sounds more like a hermie to me, especially since it is such kick-butt bud. When growers breed for seeds, they do not sell the seeded bud. And, of course, it was pollinated, but I do believe that it was most likely self-pollinated. There are easy ways to selectively pollinate only a select amount of buds when pollinating for seed stock.

BkPhate said:
Most seeds from bags are usually hermies, which produce unviable hermie seeds *MOST OF THE TIME.

Maybe you have, only way you can tell is to plant it!

Start a journal up!
journal will follow, but after they are established. man i hope they thrive.

loolagigi said:
journal will follow, but after they are established. man i hope they thrive.

Well, keep your fingers crossed that they are not hermies and keep a really, really good eye out for nanners when they starts to flower.

:confused:
BuddyLuv said:
I love the term Crypto used by people in FL.
when i was in high school crypto was the term used widley, guess us floridians got lazy and dropped the o. we have three catogories of herbs, regs mids and cryp. withought the o. not sure where is came from. its funny down, here. the new term for good cryp went from fire, to flame. not sure why. i like the term dank., ir kill. to each there own.
cant wait to break up the rest of the bag to hopefully pull out some more of these dank cryp seeds, lol. even if i get nanners hemp godess, i will have pollen to sex plants with. no?

The Hemp Goddess said:
No, sounds more like a hermie to me, especially since it is such kick-butt bud. When growers breed for seeds, they do not sell the seeded bud. And, of course, it was pollinated, but I do believe that it was most likely self-pollinated. There are easy ways to selectively pollinate only a select amount of buds when pollinating for seed stock.
im sure most growers dont sell seeded bud, but i think its far fetched to conclude that all growers do that. some people need the money. if i grew some intentionally seeded bud, i would take the seeds i needed, and if i had a crap load left and sold i would sell it. fyi i do not grow to sell if i made that impression in the last sentence. only time will tell.

good luck wit the loo.
but THG is right . i mean if a grower intentionally pollinated his girls tehred be alot more seeds in them buds then jsut the few ya found.
jmo.
and i too had hermies that give me buds wit one or two seeds in it only. and no male pollen ever got loose inside teh grow .
just like she said keep close eye on it if it shows F in the beginning for sure.
wish ya teh best wit tehm :watchplant:

zipflip said:
good luck wit the loo.
but THG is right . i mean if a grower intentionally pollinated his girls tehred be alot more seeds in them buds then jsut the few ya found.
jmo.
and i too had hermies that give me buds wit one or two seeds in it only. and no male pollen ever got loose inside teh grow .
just like she said keep close eye on it if it shows F in the beginning for sure.
wish ya teh best wit tehm :watchplant:
i hear ya. makes plenty sense. i usually keep an eye on flowering plants for nanners. even if i buy them from a reputable breeder. just hope i might get lucky. tonight ill look at them and make sure paper towel is still nice and damp. and i think im ganna go through the rest of the 1/8th here in a bit to see if theres anymore in there. lets say the plant i am smoking was self pollinated. isnt there a chance i could get a reg female? and let me tell you...this stuff is so damn potent i dont care if it buds and seeds, its worth it.

lets say the plant i am smoking was self pollinated. isnt there a chance i could get a reg female?
i'd say its quite possible yet prolly more likely taht it will also hermie on you wether it be erly on in flower and only be a nanner or two which are controllable by plucking or even as crazy as balls and nanners literally everywhere shootin all out in a matter of less than 48hrs. or even havin a girl way late in flower almost chop time and just throw a nanner or two then. but either way id say ya odds are leanin more towards endin up wit a herm in some shape/form or stage showin its signs etc...
jmo again.
buthey if its wat ya limited to i wouldnt complain. i too am on bagseeds. only my first grow which i revegged one from for mom now for clones was from bagseed but it came from a guy who knew the grower and teh strain and knew it was from a crop which was indeed pollinated by a male.
but my second grow. last harvest almost every one was herm all showin at diff times in flower and at diff extreemes like i listed above.
and the seeds for my first grow which came from bud which i smoked but had like a million seeds to each bud . it was almost solid seeds LOL. you drop a bud on a plate and they'd all pop out and ting ting cling on the plate . i still remember it LOL. it was nothin i ever seen before so many seeds in one single bud. :eek:
but the seeds for my last grow i harvested that hermed on me all came from buds that had like a seeds here, a seed there, maybe a few in this bud. kinda liek wat you got there.
just thought id let ya in on tidbits of how when etc herms come out an all that.
and just another FYI. if a plant thats in full bud starts throwin balls or nanners pretty bad or at an excessive rate. then odds are tehy're bout twice more as many that are growin within the buds as well which are almost imo impossible to keep under control. thats when i decide that its time to chop em.
but if ya dont give a dang if ya bud is seeded or not etc. then wat the hek right.
sorry so long man im jivin from caffein and im higher than a kite righ now LOL
good mornin :aok:

zipflip said:
i'd say its quite possible yet prolly more likely taht it will also hermie on you wether it be erly on in flower and only be a nanner or two which are controllable by plucking or even as crazy as balls and nanners literally everywhere shootin all out in a matter of less than 48hrs. or even havin a girl way late in flower almost chop time and just throw a nanner or two then. but either way id say ya odds are leanin more towards endin up wit a herm in some shape/form or stage showin its signs etc...
jmo again.
buthey if its wat ya limited to i wouldnt complain. i too am on bagseeds. only my first grow which i revegged one from for mom now for clones was from bagseed but it came from a guy who knew the grower and teh strain and knew it was from a crop which was indeed pollinated by a male.
but my second grow. last harvest almost every one was herm all showin at diff times in flower and at diff extreemes like i listed above.
and the seeds for my first grow which came from bud which i smoked but had like a million seeds to each bud . it was almost solid seeds LOL. you drop a bud on a plate and they'd all pop out and ting ting cling on the plate . i still remember it LOL. it was nothin i ever seen before so many seeds in one single bud. :eek:
but the seeds for my last grow i harvested that hermed on me all came from buds that had like a seeds here, a seed there, maybe a few in this bud. kinda liek wat you got there.
just thought id let ya in on tidbits of how when etc herms come out an all that.
and just another FYI. if a plant thats in full bud starts throwin balls or nanners pretty bad or at an excessive rate. then odds are tehy're bout twice more as many that are growin within the buds as well which are almost imo impossible to keep under control. thats when i decide that its time to chop em.
but if ya dont give a dang if ya bud is seeded or not etc. then wat the hek right.
sorry so long man im jivin from caffein and im higher than a kite righ now LOL
good mornin :aok:
nice to learn some more about how the whole hermie self polination works in different ways. seems intresting. boy i would hate to have buds full of seed. lol. a few a joint would be ok. but i will try my best to control as much as humanly possible. mother nature will have the final say in the end. cant hurt to try. whats the worst that can happen? no seeds sprout?, there all males?, or they all hermie?, theres a chance i may get 1 f from all this. its penut butta jelly time.....:D thanks for the response. very insightful.

Latest posts

Back