did i win the seed lottery?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Even if it is a hermie, keep it and it will be a learning experience.
I have a closet full myself, some of which I have already harvested and did not turn out bad at all. Enjoy the process my friend and the rewards are endless.

thans bk. good thing i have some ladies flowering right now to keep me busy while these dank seeds germ. i rolled another doobie, and didnt find anymore. i have about 2.5 grams left. ill break it up now to see if theres any in there. brb

well i went through the rest of the bag, found one nice viable one and one not. so here they are germing. well see.

Your seeds could have come from a hermie pollinating a female resulting in a fem seed. I have gotten some fem seeds in bud. They all turned out female and no hermies. They are trainwreck x kush grown in my sig. It is worth a try just keep an eye out. Keeping your growing conditions perfect can also minimize any hermies. Good Luck

kasgrow said:
Your seeds could have come from a hermie pollinating a female resulting in a fem seed. I have gotten some fem seeds in bud. They all turned out female and no hermies. They are trainwreck x kush grown in my sig. It is worth a try just keep an eye out. Keeping your growing conditions perfect can also minimize any hermies. Good Luck
thanks kas. i like to hear things like that. right now the seeds are in a paper towel, in a ziplock, thats in a drawer. i hope they germ. should i put them outside in the 90 plus degree temps to help germing? i dont have a heating pad.

seed 005.jpg

kasgrow said:
Your seeds could have come from a hermie pollinating a female resulting in a fem seed.

That is still a hermie seed--not a fem seed.

The Hemp Goddess said:
That is still a hermie seed--not a fem seed.
never said it wasnt. you ok?:argue: :hairpull: :angrywife: :hitchair: :giggle: not sure what your getting at, but you seem a lil heated. i dont care what kinda seed it is. its a seed, and i will try to grow it out either way. thanks for your input.:ignore:

What she is saying is... Hemies procreate hermies, enough said. I wish you luck on your grow of an unknown bagseed, but don't get your hopes up. In no way am I putting you down but I for one am with her... Death to all hermies

A fem seed is made by crossing a female plant forced to hermie and crossed with a female plant. There are many ways to force a plant to hermie. At least that is what soma says. He prefers to stress plant rather than to use chemicals like gibberilic. The effect is the same a femmed seed. Any female can hermie if stressed the right way. If you leave a plant too long in flower it will hermie. If the hermi donor hermied easily than you will get probably get a plant that hermies easy. If extreme stress was needed to hermie the donor then the seeds will probably carry that trait. If there is another way to make fem seeds I haven't read about it so please direct me where to read about it.

loolagigi said:
thanks kas. i like to hear things like that. right now the seeds are in a paper towel, in a ziplock, thats in a drawer. i hope they germ. should i put them outside in the 90 plus degree temps to help germing? i dont have a heating pad.

Don't put your seeds in the sun. Put them in a warm dark place. I don't use the paper towel method but there are many talented growers here that do.

A fem seed is made by crossing a female plant forced to hermie and crossed with a female plant. There are many ways to force a plant to hermie. At least that is what soma says. He prefers to stress plant rather than to use chemicals like gibberilic. The effect is the same a femmed seed. Any female can hermie if stressed the right way. If you leave a plant too long in flower it will hermie. If the hermi donor hermied easily than you will get probably get a plant that hermies easy. If extreme stress was needed to hermie the donor then the seeds will probably carry that trait. If there is another way to make fem seeds I haven't read about it so please direct me where to read about it.

This is EXACTLY the type of mythical mis-advice that further procreates the hermie genetics into a gene pool where the "good" and "conscientious" breeders have dedicated decades trying to eliminate that undesirable trait/characteristic.
Those are hermaphrodite seeds.
Neither plant was stress tested for stability. You have essentially selectively bred for that characteristic. You are further imbedding, polluting that line with undesirable genetics.

your over paying if you ask me, that stuff should be $140 a oz

loolagigi said:
never said it wasnt. you ok?:argue: :hairpull: :angrywife: :hitchair: :giggle: not sure what your getting at, but you seem a lil heated. i dont care what kinda seed it is. its a seed, and i will try to grow it out either way. thanks for your input.:ignore:

This wasn't directed at you, that is why I quoted kasgrow. What I am getting at is that hermies procreate hermies. Planting hermies pollutes the gene pool and helps perpetuate a very undesirable characterist.

You can bash me over the head, put your fingers in your ears, and ignore what I have said, but that does not change the facts. You should care what kind of seed it is--any responsible concsiencous grower would...

42Sm0kinCâli_or_MYOWN said:
your over paying if you ask me, that stuff should be $140 a oz
how can you say that? n/m this topic has gone far enough.

Here is one of the authors that I get my info from.

hxxp://hightimes.com/grow/soma/622

I know many people don't like fem seeds and that is cool. I understand why and I agree to some of it. I would just like somebody to direct me to something that explains another way to make fem seeds. Yes, you have to use the most stable seeds possible to make the most stable plants. I have and still use fem seeds along with standard seeds. I have standard seeds from popular breeders hermie before fem seeds. Everybody has an opinion and that is cool. I would like to see some links to some facts. Maybe soma is full of it and I am using the wrong point of reference but nobody has given me any other. Educate me with facts and not opinion. I have been growing a long time so I am not just talking from books. I know there are more than a few of you with even more knowledge and growing time and I respect the opinions of many of you but back it up for us please.

nice read. by the way, one of my "hermie" seeds is cracking, will check in the am.

Looks good man! I am excited for you!
(My closet full of hermies is great, I dont mind picking out the seeds, it's almost free ;)!)

Latest posts

Back