different strains? how do you know

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fishboybug

Reaction score
:confused2: hey guys, i am just practicing with bag seed until i feel comfortable growing the "name brand" stuff. is there a way to tell if your plant is indica, sativa, mix, etc? i have searched this site but can't get a good hit. i tried searching "how to tell the difference between indica and sativa" and had page after page of results but no perfect match. i did read a recent reply by HIE who told a fellow grower that their plant was 70/30 sativa. do you tell by the shape of the leaves?
is there a trick to searching on this site? every search i ever do ends up with me going through umpteen pages of reading. i would really like to just type in a phrase or sentence and have just a few choice possiblities pop up.

indicas are shorter and bushier...sativas are lankier and thinner more branches.

Yes you can eyeball a plant and if they lean hvy one way or the other pick the difference out...Sats hve thin fan leaves and grow long and lanky...they take longer to flower and their buds are lighter and airy...Indicas are on the shorter bushy side with thick leaves and flower in less time with more dense buds...

thanks guys. so i can pretty much guess that what i'm growing now is indica. it has been in the soil for 2 weeks and hasn't grown any taller than about an inch but is spreading out in my pot. it looks like it has 3 tiers of leaves in that 1" of heigth and is close to a 3" diameter

Latest posts

Back