Dilemma...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bulgarblast

Reaction score
While heading back from my grow the other day, I took a route that I hadn't taken before. It was an area that was maybe about 10 metres from one of my original short-listed potential grow sites that I decided against using at the last minute due to the limited direct sunlight.

Well, there I was, hacking through the nettles when I came face to face with a 3 foot marijuana plant. :eek:

I literally stopped dead in my tracks. The plant appeared to be quite spindly and was only tall due to the fact it was was stretching for light.

I scanned the area, and could easily make out at least another 6 plants in various stages of growth within about 20 seconds, after which I immediately turned around and headed out the area.

My grow site is about 1km away over extremely rough terrain and a steep climb, so I am pretty confident that they are safe from human traffic, but what I am concerned about is potential germination from any males that may exist in the new area that I have found. Should I head back to check for males at some point, or do you think I am safe at this distance?

Part of me wouldn't mind checking on these other plants around about harvest time - just out of interest. I'm expecting more that enough crop to see me and my close buddies through the next year, so I have no intention of messing with someone else’s grow. Although, I would say, it really looked like these plants were just growing wild. What are the odds of this?

You're wondering if they are being cultivated by someone?.. Attach a $5 bill to one..;) wait a week and go check it.

You should be far enough away that if you do get pollinated from that distance it will only be a couple at the most. If your still worried then scout there grow for males and if you find one i would just break it over like the wind broke it and they should be clueless about what really happened. Slim

Hick has a very good idea, I'd take the bill and never go back again, then you'd have a pretty good idea I had at least been there :aok:
Even though 1 km is a pretty good distance in an urban environment, in a rural area, you will be way too close to each other for safety. If, this is the case, I'd find another area to grow in ;) MY plants always like complete privacy :hubba:

Thats a good idea hick. Bulgar if it was me, when mine showed sex I would go and try to sex the other plants and do the other farmer the favour of weeding his crop for him.

Thanks for all your responses guys :D

I'll pop up there tomorrow and do the note thing. Depending on the outcome of that, I'll then decide whether - or not - to go and take out any males.

I'll deffo update on this thread if there are any new developments. ;)

Latest posts

Back