Distilled water...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I haven't been able to find a PH meter where I live... I've asked in every grow shop I've seen (more than 10) and they didn't sell any PH testers... I am gonna check the PetShops thinking they might have smth for the fish... Also heard I can get one in shops that sell Swiming Pool supplies... If not I'll just order on e-bay...

For the time being I am only watering with distilled water and my babies are doing fine so far... Today I noticed that the water I got is called de-ionized water... Is that the same thing as distilled water? If not is de-ionized water any good???

Thank you for your time!

Deionized water and distilled water are different forms of purified water. Basically Deionized water is water that has been treated to remove all of the minerals, it is not actually distilled.

As long as you watch for micro nute deficiencies deionized water is great, but it can sometimes have problems with bacteria as it is usually not treated for to remove or kill microbes and spores, that doesn't mean that deionized water has harmful spores, it just means if it did, deionization will not remove or harm them.

massproducer said:
Deionized water and distilled water are different forms of purified water. Basically Deionized water is water that has been treated to remove all of the minerals, it is not actually distilled.

As long as you watch for micro nute deficiencies deionized water is great, but it can sometimes have problems with bacteria as it is usually not treated for to remove or kill microbes and spores, that doesn't mean that deionized water has harmful spores, it just means if it did, deionization will not remove or harm them.

Is the PH level in de-ionized water good for watering??

This may sound weird but what I have come to realize is that is I mix two gallons of tap water with 1 gallon of distilled water and then check the PH it is almost exactly at the required PH is for growing. Just my 2 cents.. Good Luck.

Latest posts

Back