Do I need to be enclosed

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chewbongo

noobie with a doobie
Reaction score
Hey guys, getting back into growing now that I can do it legally!!!!!!! But was wondering do i have to have an enclosed area??like do I need to build a 4x4 room/get a tent, Gonna grow on my garage, and would be easier to keep the heat from the lights vented if I just didnt enclose the area!!!

You can grow without an enclosure.

A couple grows that I grew under the house and had no enclosure to keep the heat down from my 1000 watt light during the Summers.

An enclosed area enhances light and can help if you have a humidifier or a dehumidifier or need a heater.

I used mylar wrapped around the frame of an open shelving unit with the top uncovered for years. I once used an enclosure painted flat white with an open top as well.
I now use a 5x5 grow tent, but I still have the mylar wrapped shelving unit to grow more this Spring.

Good luck with your grow!

I used to live someplace where I had an 1800 sq ft shop. We built a 12 x 12 room in the shop and grew 8 plants in there. We made moveable panels made with PVC and mylar (I'd use panda film now) to enclose the area where the plants were growing. We had our light on a mover. The one thing you have to make sure of is that you have total compete darkness and the 12 hours of dark is not interrupted. I see that being difficult in a garage.

I used to live someplace where I had an 1800 sq ft shop. We built a 12 x 12 room in the shop and grew 8 plants in there. We made moveable panels made with PVC and mylar (I'd use panda film now) to enclose the area where the plants were growing. We had our light on a mover. The one thing you have to make sure of is that you have total compete darkness and the 12 hours of dark is not interrupted. I see that being difficult in a garage.

Oh that sounds awesome!!! And I have an enclosed room I built around an air conditioner I can use during flower, was just hoping not to have to do the same for veg!!! Dont wanna ramun the ac 24 hrs

Latest posts

Back