Do you know what bacon smells like?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alistair

Reaction score
Today I was cleaning house and I had headphones on so I couldn't hear the ambient noise, just the music. I did however, think that I heard a banging on someone's door. It must have been loud, or else I wouldn't have heard it. That right there, made me think "cop". Well, I continued doing what I was doing until I was finished with it. Then I decided to take a look outside. I saw what appeared to be a nice looking luxury car. I'm not quite sure, but I don't think it was a Crown Victoria, but it might have been. I also noticed there was a woman and a man, both dressed in black. I watched them leave in the car, but the plate on the car didn't look like a government plate. That didn't convince me that it wasn't a cop, because I know what bacon smells like. So, I stop and think about it. Could it be religious solicitors? Could it be real estate agents? No, that didn't make sense.

I end up calling my neighbor (same apartment building) who had recently had dealings with the police and asked if they had paid her a visit again, and she said that they hadn't. Well, that had me concerned. If they hadn't knocked her door, then who was it they wished to see?

I put it out of my head, because I realized that if they wanted me, they would have come in uniform and pounded on the door obnoxiously until I answered. About 45 minutes later my neighbor called me and told me that she had just discovered The Man's business card inside her door. That was a relief.

Yep, I know what bacon smells like. How about you?

Yeah, you were sandwiched in between the two.

I once had a cop as a next door neighbor and he was all suspicious of me. He once pointed out some observations he had made about me and how I was always up all night, and what time I went to bed and everything. I just stone walled him and pretended that I had no clue that he was suspicious of me. I knew he thought that I was a crankster, but I never did the stuff.

I get along with everyone. I am a valued member of the community. Volunteer fireman, wrestling coach, knights of columbus, and I volunteer thru my church to work at the homeless shelter 5 miles away. I don't worry about what people think of me.

Their was a female cop who lived right across from me in my apartments. She was really ncie and chill. I'd smoke weed in my apartment in the winter so it stunk up the hall, so theirs no doubt she knew what was going on. She didn't care for what I knew, and was always friendly with me.

I love cops like that. I was just pulled over for driving with an out of date tag (It slipped my mind) and the cop pulled me over just as I was pulling into my driveway. After seeing that I was not a real criminal or anything he told me to have a good night, and to be sure I got it fixed. Gotta love the cops that aren't all about there rank.

Cops in my town are jerks, the females are the worst, and god forbid you get a short cop:doh:The sheriffs here are much MUCH nicer to deal with. The CHP are the worst of all. I have never caught a break from them. Everytime I get pulled over it's an automatic ticket. I lived next door to one of the local sheriffs once. Talk about a party animal...

I worked with a guy that from the first time I met him, something in me just screamed COP!!! I had no reason for thinking it. Nobody had told me anything about him. I had never seen or talked to him before, but I just thought this guy seemed like a cop. A couple weeks in to the job I was partnered with him, so we started shooting the manure, turns out he was going to school to be a police officer! I can smell the bacon before it's cooked! It's part of my "Stoney-Sense". I can also spot a stoner a mile away! :smoke1:

umbra said:
Neighbors on both sides of me are leo. one is undercover detective, but not for my town. And other is motorcycle officer for big city 5 miles away. How's that for a pig roast.
I can relate! The last person to be in the rental next to my property was an oinker. They used to have drunken parties where they would be cannibalistic and eat BBQ pork and throw beer cans onto my property.

I cured them of it when I gathered them up one party day and returned them to them in person. I told em the next ones would be brought by the local TV station with a camera on them while I returned them.

No more were ever thrown over....

back in the day when i did a little selling.i got all my drugs from a narc.cop. he furnished,i sold,then we split.i screwed him every time.hehe

The cops in my town are corrupt crooks! Just last week, one of them was arrested for assisting in a bank robbery in a neighboring town (sounds unbelievable, I know). Apparently his house was being foreclosed on and he was out of options. Maybe that's why a lot of police officers have bad tempers, most of them are under payed!

groworganic said:
The cops in my town are corrupt crooks! Just last week, one of them was arrested for assisting in a bank robbery in a neighboring town (sounds unbelievable, I know). Apparently his house was being foreclosed on and he was out of options. Maybe that's why a lot of police officers have bad tempers, most of them are under payed!
Honest cops are the exception, not the rule. Hell, that goes for most people...

my next door neighbor is a District Attorney. shitty. he's a big cock sucker though, he's been that way ever since i bought my house, even the day i came to look at the house for the first time. I waved to him. he just gave me a dirty look. this is what i get for being 28 in a college town, he probably thinks i am gonna throw massive parties and be loud.

he does have a detective friend that visits him often, the detective is pretty cool, i've talked with him a few times. dunno why the DA doesn't like me, oh well.

Being a DA, he might not trust anyone who doesn't wear a badge. Who knows? People like that are mockable. They take a look at you and decide they don't like you. I've had that happen to me more than once. I used to let it bother me. Now, I just think it's funny. Just smile a lot and be friendly with him. That'll make him dislike you all the more. Make sure that your friendliness is sincere in appearance in order for it to have the proper effect.

I just had an idea. How about inviting him to the next party you have? Don't worry, he won't show up.

everytime i see him out side or on my way to work i'll wave to him, he's never waved back. I do, do it sincerely though. I've only had one party at my house and that was the day i got the keys, sort of a house warming party. maybe 10 or 15 people altogether, and the party was closed by midnight i probably should have invited him lol.

I don't party here now, trying to lay low with the op i have going on.

Latest posts

Back