Do You Trust Your Delivery Man?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

420n3r0

Hello, Everyone

This has been bothering me for a couple of days. I do not trust my delivery man. He doesn't ask me any questions or anything but I do not trust him.

I recently had a package intercepted by customs and he deliverd it. Now I can't help thinking that he is thinking what the hell I'm ordering.

He's been my delivery man for years. I order a lot of things so he's here once every few weeks at least if not more.

In addition, I plan on ordering grow equipment n' things of that nature so I just don't want him to start putting things together if you know what I mean. Call me paranoid but I can't help it.

I was wondering do you trust your delivery man?

When he dropped off the intercepted package you should've said, "Wow, I didn't know THAT kind of sex toy was illegal in the states... Hmm..."

He would've never asked another question again...

420n3r0 said:
I recently had a package intercepted by customs and he deliverd it. Now I can't help thinking that he is thinking what the hell I'm ordering.

It is generally accepted that you shouldn't have seeds delivered to where you are growing. Think about it - the delivery man is the least of your worries, the federal customs agents who inspected your package and removed the seeds saw the address of where it was supposed to be delivered.

But I have read here on the the forum that they typically don't follow up any further, I believe you would see this in the confiscation letter itself.

I am assuming you are living in the US, I live in Canada and there are lots of quality seed banks here, and the feds don't typically open domestic mail, so I am thankful for that :)

Try to make sure when placing your orders to tell the people sending thing out to ship discreetly, might help you out a bit to have as little info on the box as possible.

oddly there wasn't any customs letter in the package..i either got ripped or the customs agent simply "forgot" i dunno.

i'm going to try to get things sent as discreetly as possible. in addition i'm going to think about selecting another package carrier if possible (more expensive).

see why I ain't calling!!! I ain't order dutch seed

maybe its smarter if you use prepaid credit card, and ask one of your buddy if they don't mind for you to send your package to their address..

I ain't calling dutch seed...

420n3r0 said:
oddly there wasn't any customs letter in the package..i either got ripped or the customs agent simply "forgot" i dunno.

i'm going to try to get things sent as discreetly as possible. in addition i'm going to think about selecting another package carrier if possible (more expensive).

So the other possibility here is that the seeds are in there, just REALLY well hidden. I have seen similar posts here before about people losing seeds, only to find them after a thorough search of the package on the advice of the members. Legally, they have to give you a letter to explain why a package has been tampered with, they are probably in there somewhere, or like you said you got ripped off (which IMHO is unlikely with a reputable seed bank). If you can't find them and there is no letter from customs, contact the seed bank. They may be able to send replacements. Send them somewhere else, not to your house where you grow...

When I had my bongs sent from Holland, my mail person did make a comment with a huge grin on his mug, especially when I had 3 shipments about 2 weeks apart :hubba: customs label even said --glass pipe-- :hubba:

I would think it best NOT to have anything sent to your place of growing at all, ever ;)

THCPezDispenser said:
I live in Canada and there are lots of quality seed banks here, and the feds don't typically open domestic mail, so I am thankful for that :)

Yea, only in the Good Ole USA where we are supposed to be free, do we get our private mail searched.....Freedom... What a crock, we lost that years ago.

canibanol cannonball said:
for some reason i get mail for 7 different people? my box is clearly labeled....i think my mail person just dont give a ****

LOL What a great setup! Have your seeds sent to one of them!

CasualGrower said:
Yea, only in the Good Ole USA where we are supposed to be free, do we get our private mail searched.....Freedom... What a crock, we lost that years ago.

Didn't that whole anthrax scare start when someone got sent anthrax through the mail? Can't honestly say I blame them after that. (I am going off of heresay, I was too young to care about the news back then.)

Edit: Back on subject, the mail guy probably didn't rip you off. They see about a million packages a day, the person who sent it to you didn't even read the label except for your street number. Someone else at the sorting end of the post office on the other hand... It's a possibility.

Before I order anything...I check out there shipping policy. places like insidesun and HGTsupply CLEARLY state that its shipped plain paper with no reference to whats in it.
Also there are very shady seedbanks out there. Check out forums all over and see what peeps have to say prior to ordering. customs is by the book. they don't forget to put in a confiscation letter. it's either they were confiscated with a letter in it or you were ripped off. IMO
peeps that don't care about reputation know that if they rip you off there's nothing you will do about it. esp if in the states..it is after all illegal here what are they worried about?
hell in 2 months a fly by night could make bank on bagseeds claiming one thing and by the time word got out..they'd made a mint.

Latest posts

Back