dont house another persons plant

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mr.determined

herb nerd
Reaction score
a friend of mine a couple weeks ago broke a top to one of his plants.he dipped it root gel then asked me to care for it. a week or so later he was talking about the mold growing on his plants. a day or so later i noticed it on the top that he asked me to care for.right then i pulled it out of my room. now i have the powder mildew on one of my og,s plants thats into flowering 4 weeks.im freaking out. dont help someone elses plant out in your room.lesson learned.now how do i deal with the mold with out effecting the buds?

mr.determined,

You might get a better response in the sick plants section. I remember reading about powder mold some where in there or even using the search function for powder mold, although I personally haven't learned how to make it work for me as well as some others can.

Sounds like you had the same results as some people have with introducing clones to their operations.

Great smoking.

Sulphur burner might be your best option if the plants are already in bud.

Yeah I don't like to use a fungicide once they start flowering. I've read about the milk treatment 1 part milk to 7 parts water, spray on foliar. But I have heard from at least one person on this site that tried it and said it didn't work very well...but it can't hurt to try. But sulpher is your best bet.

I thought sulfer burned stigmas. ie. not very good for flowering?

Oh? I've never heard that...I'll look it up in a couple books, get back to ya asap.

A trusted freind of mine uses Sulfer burns to control pM. I can't remember if it burns stigmas or if he's trying to avoid residual sulfer when smoking. I remember him recommending not using it after the third week in flower - what ever the reason........

wouldnt a solution of H2O2 help? i dunno just asking... it sounds like you imported a nasty strain of mold spores to your grow :holysheep: if this situation keeps spreading to your plants you might have to bleach all the room. dehumidifier is most certainly needed there you need to dry things up or your buds will get this, good luck

I have heard that about the residual effect...someone said it tasted like smokeing a match head...lol, I couldn't find anything in my books about it burning stigmas, but that doesn't mean it is not there.

I agree about the dehumidifier, and increasing airflow...but you still need to get the stuff off your plants somehow. You will also want to filter any air being exhausted from that room as the spores will become airborne.

Latest posts

Back