dont mention LED's

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would love to have a light system such as LED replace HPS or T5s. If they can get them to produce enough penetration and lumens,,with less watts and heat then HPS and not cost an arm and leg,,Im all the way in. But that is not the case yet.HPS Lumens per watt and penatration cannot be touched by LED,,,, yet.

niteshft said:
You've just proved my point Roddy......not just 1 but 4 posts and so the banter continues.......

Fine, I'll keep my postings elsewhere where it's appreciated. This is the only site I've posted where the thread turns into a pissing contest. I have better things to do then to waste my time with those that want to play games or boost their ego. It's a shame that everybody looses because of a few and WeedHopper, I've (almost) never heard such crap.

To my friends, I hope to see you around some time. Until then, stay safe.

Bye bye....

My friend, you have 2 months experience and you have been asking for only EXPERIENCED LED growers to post...that alone is a joke. Get permission to post, will ya? :rofl:

Sorry. I do appreciate helpful posts....

WeedHopper said:
I would love to have a light system such as LED replace HPS or T5s. If they can get them to produce enough penetration and lumens,,with less watts and heat then HPS and not cost an arm and leg,,Im all the way in. But that is not the case yet.HPS Lumens per watt and penatration cannot be touched by LED,,,, yet.

Absolutely, this is an opinion I can stand behind, I myself have exactly the same sentiments.

I have a hard time understanding is the 2' plant producing the same as 4' when some have admitted that T5's and LED's in veg are very similar. If this is the case and I am using T5's, I am still lost as to how 2' will match 4'.

And that's just one of the questions I'm left with after all this...

Roddy said:
I have a hard time understanding is the 2' plant producing the same as 4' when some have admitted that T5's and LED's in veg are very similar. If this is the case and I am using T5's, I am still lost as to how 2' will match 4'.

And that's just one of the questions I'm left with after all this...
Because instead of this being the case with a lot of strains you get flowered with HPS.

cure4.jpg

You end up with branches like this with LED's

cure3.jpg

Pretty simple really, and already explained.

Yes plants grown, or as we call it vegged with T5's are very similar, LED's do provide a little more nodes, and closer spacing.

It's in the flowering process where the difference becomes apparent, and why you can yield the same, and at time even better with LED's on a shorter plant. In some cases this is not the case, but on average I would say most plants don't stretch much at all.

Hope that makes sense.
:icon_smile:

oooohhhh what kinds that last one with the purp tinge? She's a beaut!:hubba:

7greeneyes said:
oooohhhh what kinds that last one with the purp tinge? She's a beaut!:hubba:
If you're talking the very bottom pic, that is my Bros Grimm C99 aka the Holy Grail.

BTW, because I know my brother Hammy is quite respected around these parts, he can verify that each and every one of these are in my online journal at another site with full documentation on each strain.

JAAM, Nvthis, Aluminum Monster, and maybe a few more can also back it up for the ones who have their doubts.

P Jammers said:
Because instead of this being the case with a lot of strains you get flowered with HPS.

View attachment 197482

You end up with branches like this with LED's

View attachment 197483

Pretty simple really, and already explained.

Yes plants grown, or as we call it vegged with T5's are very similar, LED's do provide a little more nodes, and closer spacing.

It's in the flowering process where the difference becomes apparent, and why you can yield the same, and at time even better with LED's on a shorter plant. In some cases this is not the case, but on average I would say most plants don't stretch much at all.

Hope that makes sense.
:icon_smile:

Those being two different strains and not sure if those are even cola buds on the skimps...so hard to really make any kind of comparison? I've had several strains look much like the "fuller" strain myself.

Not to be confrontational, but these are with rather weak and in serious need of replaced 1000HPS...

WOWZER 005-001.JPGWOWZER II 002-001.JPGWOWZER II 005-001.JPGbudding beauts 005-001.JPGBUDS BUDS BUDS...long legs and burgunday lips! 004-001.JPG

Like I said, my last few 4' gals produced 6 and 6.5 oz, seems it'd take a mighty big shorty to produce that?

Trust me PJ, I want to believe, I want cheaper electric bills and tastier nugs...maybe some day, LED's will do it!

And I am not trying to be confrontational either, but I do have to say that the pics you posted look ok, but are not quite a large.

They do look a lot better than the pics you were posting three years ago with the aluminum foil on the walls though. You may not remember me from back then, but I do remember you.
:)

I've also watched your grows here quite some time, and know for sure that while those pics you posted look really good, they are not what you consistently produce. Pics don't lie right? We all have our heavy yielder's, and we have some that don't yield as well. I have posted pics of both.

Attached I am adding one of the pics above, the difference however is that I have added the 6" measurement on the door panel in the back ground. I'll agree sometimes having something in the background does help determine just how large something is. I don't drink Monster however, but I did stay at the Holiday Inn during the hurricane.

In other words, the main was as wide as a 2"x4".
6-inches.gif

TBH, I'm not sure what else to add. I originally came here to post up some results, and help other see that yes indeed there are some great results being made.

I am not trying to sell anyone anything.

At this point one can either believe or not believe you can do as well or better with LED's over HID lighting.

But don't kid yourself, LED's have arrived and in a big way. Just make sure you do your research an don't get taken by one of these companies that spouts crap, because there are a TON of them out there giving bad info.

This reminds me.

Growdude posted up some links of a site who "SELLS" the Apollo light and is making claims that they produce three times the output and said it was the manufactures website. Truth be told that, that was a company who is a re seller, and not the manufacturer just to keep the record straight

You've come a long way Roddy, but you have much to learn. Not something that can be done in three or even five short years.

Ya'll stay safe, and be good.

If nothing else, maybe someone has learned a thing or two.

They do look a lot better than the pics you were posting three years ago with the aluminum foil on the walls though. You may not remember me from back then, but I do remember you.

My friend, check the date I joined. I believe you have me mistaken for someone else? And, when did this become a question of MY growing skills instead of the ability of LED? :rofl:

As long as you're talking pics, lets go back to those pics before. Why did you post up pics of somewhat beefy gals for LED and bottom buds for the HPS? I posted up pics of gals that grew with bulbs that were over a year old, 2 of which (bukbs) are a little over 1.5 years +/- (first ones I bought, just so you understand how long I've been growing), I replaced them shortly after those gals came out. Those buds were still thick and hefty even with weak lighting...and btw, that's something like 3 or 4 different gals' colas, all clones from a gal I had grown out before.

I told you from the start I have an open mind and am HOPING some day LED will do what some claim. You have already been shown all the conflicting info being posted...and then you post up pics of a sparse gal to represent HPS and a bushier gal for LED....more misleading info, can you see why there's doubt? I posted up pics of what can be done with HPS, bushy ones like yours were...much more indicative of what HPS can do than your representation, right? I invite ANYONE reading this to read any and all my journal so you can see many other examples....some in bad times and some in much better! ;) While you're at it, there's many better HPS growers here with many many more examples.

The point I was trying to make with my pics is that T5/HPS produces bushy, thickly budded gals just like LED and as I've said, my last few produced fairly hefty amounts (and no, my friend, the ones in the pics I posted weren't one of them...but I do believe 2 were 5oz gals)...and my question still stands, how can a 2' gal produce 5oz-6oz or even more without some serious training. Showing me tight buds compared to a sparse bud doesn't explain that. The gals I've been playing around with of late are grown straight up from clone, topped and bent over, then left to their own to bulk up for a month or two (whatever it takes to get to around knee high), they stretch to around 4' on average. If you look close at my gals, you'll notice most of them of late are a main trunk bent in half with simple training, which then grow up crooked allowing the bottom branches to get up toward the light.

I guess this is why a side by would be the only way to prove the ability of LED.

I went back to my very first post in my journal and didn't see aluminum foil anywhere on the walls...I do remember once about 20 years ago when I was screwing around doing things I read in High Times, I had foil back then. I don't recall ever using it again but could be mistaken, post up a pic for laughs! :)

This post right here shows what a true fuking a$$hole you are. All kidding a side. You are a D!ck

Awww....someone not like my pointing out the irony of a 2 month user asking for experienced growers only to post?? :rofl: :rofl: All kidding aside....grow up...oh, and own your reps!!!

Roddy, my suggestion of posting by people that have expereance growing with LEDs is much different than saying I'm an expert. You twist words around to make someone else look bad in an attempt to justify what you have been saying. The smart folk here pick things like that up and was the reason for the bad rep, imo.

Lying or twisting words around in order to discredit someone else deserves a bad rep in my opinion and I'm not shy to say so out in the open. I wasn't the one that gave you the bad rep but it was deserving so stop your whining.

niteshft said:
Roddy, my suggestion of posting by people that have expereance growing with LEDs is much different than saying I'm an expert. You twist words around to make someone else look bad in an attempt to justify what you have been saying. The smart folk here pick things like that up and was the reason for the bad rep, imo.

Lying or twisting words around in order to discredit someone else deserves a bad rep in my opinion and I'm not shy to say so out in the open. I wasn't the one that gave you the bad rep but it was deserving so stop your whining.

No my friend, you came here asking only for experienced growers. Not only asked, you suggested people need permission to post...only experienced LED users would be allowed. But you yourself have what, one harvest tops? And in that one harvest, you can tell all the good the LED is over the HPS? You're asking for experience but it seems more like you're simply trying to quiet the others so no one questions the info...sorry. There is no twisting of words, no lying (on my part) in this whole thread. I point out the obvious, you wanna make the claims, you should at least have the experience you claim others should! If you found that discrediting toward you, maybe that says something?

I do apologize, I coulda been nicer in pointing out the irony...

As for whining? I just find it funny how some seem to find their "voice" in PM when they can't speak up here? :rolleyes: I posted that rep to point out how badly some act when they think they're not gonna be called on it. We're all adults here, right?

Its a sad day when we start spittin 110 proof shine over fire to one another sooner to later it going to ignite then folks get burned. Maybe the flames should be kicked out and fires renewed to other ends of trails walkin. Hope yual find that peace I speek of.

BWD

No worries BWD, I'm done here. Said all I can in hopes of getting those leaning one way to the other to go in with OPEN EYES. that's my whole purpose in this thread, make sure people don't get burned....one way or another.

Roddy said:
No worries BWD, I'm done here. Said all I can in hopes of getting those leaning one way to the other to go in with OPEN EYES. that's my whole purpose in this thread, make sure people don't get burned....one way or another.

Lol...dude you have been the guy with the biggest gas can in this thread. Go back and look through your numerous, long winded, condescending posts. The way you have behaved in this thread is the reason a lot of folks don't post on MP anymore. Sad but true....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back