dont mention LED's

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
dman1234 said:
so lets ignore thousands of other threads and judge this place on a few that go wrong? this site is still one of the most mature sites on this subject on the net.
every place has its issues now and again.

I don't see anything going wrong in this thread except those who are trying to sing praises of LED's are getting upset when asked hard questions and confronted with (seemingly) misinformation or misleading statements. I've seen people who aren't users asked to butt out (some did come in only to stir, maybe, but I don't see much of it), how do you have a discussion with any value if you keep it one sided? Come on guys....

How about a side-by-side? Controlled grows set up to be the same except the lights in every aspect. I know, one won't tell much, so we need several grows to get real info. Sure, it'll take awhile and should be done by pro growers with nothing to gain from either side...just someone looking for fact.

Facts would be great.....

pcduck said:
I have nothing to prove p.jammers.

Just be sure to hide the hps in your led grow pics:aok:

Like I said, that post was the straw but this is the one that really started it. What an a**wipe thing to say. The most mature mmj website there is, eh? Sorry, but I just don't buy it nor anything else you have to say if you stand up for someone like that.

And as for side by side grows??? I've grown the same plants/cuttings under HPS so I already know what they do. If you can't trust an individual here and take his/her word then why come here in the first place? Sorry, but posters like pcduck has ruined this thread as far as I'm concerned.

Niteshift sorta looks like you are grasping at straws to explain why you are leaving. Instead of facing the truth;)

Most people gain my trust by posting and earning my respect/trust as a grower. I am not going give any respect/trust to a grower that acts the way pj/mymy has:aok:

I have not seen any where in this thread where a led grower has posted a link or anything backing up their claims. Besides telling us to go to other web site forums and read some other growers' grow journal and opinions. The one reliable link that was posted was about taste which is worthless as taste is an opinion of the taster.

niteshift if you trust everything written or shown on the internet....I just don't know what to say but good luck and stay safe.

Thanks Roddy,
We have stocked up on supplies just in case the power goes out...

niteshft,
Ever Pea in the wind???
That is basically what you are doing my friend.. (no offense to ya)

As Duck will never open his mind to see other ways to grow...
And that is fine... I am not here to sell lights, i came to share my 1st attempt at using LED's... Nothing more, nothing less.
I was under the impression that the LED's didnt have the penatration power that HPS has..
But i see PJ thinks differently..
I can say with out a doubt, there was NO Popcorn bud at all on my little LED girl..
And when ever i checked on her (daily) I had to wear sunglasses....
Never have had to wear them with the 600 or 1000 HPS...
Ya'all have a Great Day!-)

mymy said:
As Duck will never open his mind to see other ways to grow...

My mind is wide open:laugh: I try new growing techniques all the time that work. But the folks that are pushing these LEDS have shown me no reason to switch.

I guess we will all just have to learn to Agree, to Disagree.:D

All I see is the exact reason quite a few peeps don't bother posting here anymore. I sure as hell wouldn't waste my time doing a side by side with some of the crap I have read in this thread. Really is sad.

Proving something new is often hard and met with hard criticism, the tough and faithful go all out to make their case...LED lighting no different, certainly. The only way to shut up the opposition is to produce facts which at this point doesn't seem possible without a side by study.

If not by people in this thread, maybe some day....

Roddy said:
Proving something new is often hard and met with hard criticism, the tough and faithful go all out to make their case...LED lighting no different, certainly. The only way to shut up the opposition is to produce facts which at this point doesn't seem possible without a side by study.

I don't see them as opposition that need to be shut up.

Opposition...those not in agreement with the lighting in question. Truly, both "sides" disagree or oppose one another's views. It's not a slam on anyone, just an easy way to differentiate one side form the other.

"Shut up"....to stop the argument, to prove your case and lay to rest any doubts. Again, not being rude nor slamming, just easy way to say this and I thought all would understand.

In this case, IMHO, there is opposition and there would be a simple way to "shut up" the doubters.

Roddy said:

I didn't come here to "prove" anything but merely to share what I was doing for those that might be interested in LEDs. I was invited by a member that new I had recently purchased some and had been running them for almost 2 months. I was reluctant because of past expereances here simular to what is happening in this thread.

As far as side-by-side studies go, that's fine when there isn't anything to compare to but I have run these strains before and are even the same cut, so I do have something to compare to and a side-by-side study isn't nessassary. If you can't trust a fellow member maybe you should build yourself another flower room so you can do a study yourself, I don't have the need, room or money to do so.

As I see it, we are all here for the same reason, to share knowledge of all aspects of mmj and that is the reason for this site. Unfortunately, with 310 posts in this thread the majority is nothing but banter back and forth, making for a difficult read for those looking for usefull information. That is the reason I have decided to stop adding info to this thread, it just seemed to me to be a waste of my time and this time of year I'm always very busy and my time is at a premium.

It's in my nature to help where I can and I'm willing to post in another thread on this subject but it would have to have restrictions if that's possible and if the mods are capable/willing to set it up. First and foremost, the thread is only open to input from those that are actually running LEDs by permission. By permission I mean that a mod would have to grant access for an individual to post in that particular thread. I know other forums have that disgression but I'm not sure if this one has that capability or not. It may take a few days for an individual to gain access, dependant on how busy the mod is, but it would be a one time event and access will continue untill it has been canceled. The thread will showcase actual grows with details of what individuals have expereanced.

It's a different approach to how posts are normally done but in this case I think it's nessassary in order to have a thread on this subject here. We all know how much eroneous info there is out there on LEDs, wouldn't it be nice to have a place to go with info that can be trusted and easy to read?

As far as side-by-side studies go, that's fine when there isn't anything to compare to but I have run these strains before and are even the same cut, so I do have something to compare to and a side-by-side study isn't nessassary. If you can't trust a fellow member maybe you should build yourself another flower room so you can do a study yourself, I don't have the need, room or money to do so.

No disrespect, my friend, but seriously, if I told you something you have no way to verify, would you take my word on it? Truly? You can tell us the info, without proof, most here aren't gonna listen. I'm sure if the shoe was on the other foot... I mean, you're asking us to have faith and follow on what could be very costly.

As I see it, we are all here for the same reason, to share knowledge of all aspects of mmj and that is the reason for this site. Unfortunately, with 310 posts in this thread the majority is nothing but banter back and forth, making for a difficult read for those looking for usefull information. That is the reason I have decided to stop adding info to this thread, it just seemed to me to be a waste of my time and this time of year I'm always very busy and my time is at a premium.

I've seen people embellish to build themselves in others eyes here before, not all here really care about others and just want to show off....imho. Most here ARE here for sharing and learning, some spam as well...

Useful info that is full of misinformation as well. It's hard to tell what's what with some saying one thing, others the total opposite...coming from the LED group themselves. That is a lot of why you see the "banter", even those using seem to conflict in thought! Very confusing leading to harder questions which seems to have scared off everyone backing the LED's....and yes, more people doubting means more negative responses.

It's in my nature to help where I can and I'm willing to post in another thread on this subject but it would have to have restrictions if that's possible and if the mods are capable/willing to set it up. First and foremost, the thread is only open to input from those that are actually running LEDs by permission. By permission I mean that a mod would have to grant access for an individual to post in that particular thread.

Lets see, you'd liek ONLY those using LED to post, no questions, no interaction, just you guys telling us what we should believe? Come on, that's crazy and downright misleading. I can see nothing but misinformation persisting (since it's already happening) and no one learning a thing. No, this is a forums for discussion, sharing and learning, not someplace like a few countries that only allow what they want you to hear.

You say you think it necessary, I call it an insult to the readers.

Maybe it's just me, but if I believed something and truly thought I could change minds, a little banter, some negatives and some rudeness would push me to PROVE my case....not shut me up. I'd be posting all the pics, all the info, I'd run as many side by's as wanted....

But, I hate to be told I'm wrong when I feel differently....maybe that's just me, though.

And Nite, you have the equipment to do the tests, not me. If you'd like to send me the LED's, I'd be MORE than happy to do the side by's. ;) Sorry, I'll not be spending the money to find out the info posted here is right...or wrong.

I was invited by a member that new I had recently purchased some and had been running them for almost 2 months

Now, I'll ask a question here and hope to hear back....2 months? How many grows?

Again, no disrespect, but my first gal produced 10.5 oz on a very potent and sticky Kandy Kush. This is something I've not repeated to date (2 years, maybe hundreds of gals).

I have seen LED grows many times on this forum and others,, and I was not impressed with the money and time they spent,, and the harvest it produced. I want the best bang for my dollar. T5s for Vegg and HPS for flower.
I have used T5s from start to finish before and got better results then what I seen with LEDS. Someday I do believe that they will get it down to an art with LEDS maybe,,but they are nowhere near ready to replace HPS.
The way I see it,,if yur gonna spend the TIME and TLC it takes to grow weed,,why not get the best harvest possible for yur time and money.

You've just proved my point Roddy......not just 1 but 4 posts and so the banter continues.......

Fine, I'll keep my postings elsewhere where it's appreciated. This is the only site I've posted where the thread turns into a pissing contest. I have better things to do then to waste my time with those that want to play games or boost their ego. It's a shame that everybody looses because of a few and WeedHopper, I've (almost) never heard such crap.

To my friends, I hope to see you around some time. Until then, stay safe.

Bye bye....

:ciao: hope you come back soon bud. I've found online quibbling to be the same as comparing .....er...um...shoe sizes. It's pointless except for the fact that the original antagonistic poster achieved his goals. to sow discord and be a malcontent.

good job you (collective) jackenapes, I'm going back to RIU, they're alot more civilized over there....:rolleyes::rofl:

Niteshft,,I never said nothing bad about or to anyone. What the hell is your problem. If ya dont like this forum,,fine,,but dont start doggen me Bro. What I said above is what I have seen,,nothing more ,,nothing less. Personally,,I could give a crap if ya ever come back or not. Thats your business.
And yes I can SHOW you my grows with T5s that produced buds the size of beer bottles,,THG and some others have seen these grows. So what part of what I said above is crap?

WeedHopper said:
I have seen LED grows many times on this forum and others,, and I was not impressed with the money and time they spent,, and the harvest it produced. I want the best bang for my dollar. T5s for Vegg and HPS for flower.
I have used T5s from start to finish before and got better results then what I seen with LEDS. Someday I do believe that they will get it down to an art with LEDS maybe,,but they are nowhere near ready to replace HPS.
The way I see it,,if yur gonna spend the TIME and TLC it takes to grow weed,,why not get the best harvest possible for yur time and money.

I have to agree none of the LED grows ive seen, including all linked to in this thread seem to compare to an equal amount of HPS.

While they are looking better they are using the same wattage or more than previous HPS grows.
This is 3-4 times the recomended wattge from the manufacturer.
Thats the false claim, not made by anyone here but the manufacturer.

There is no doubt they grow weed and have there place.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back