dont mention LED's

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Great Debate. I think I have all the answers I was looking for , cheers all.

Tying to find some T5 in the damned country.

I am doing a LED grow and it just so happens to be my first ever grow. I dont know how its going to go but I am giving it a shot... The light did not cost me that much and so far it appears that I am having good result, with the help from a few awsome people on here and adjustments everything is coming along.... I am hoping it all goes well but we will just have to see. Feel free to check it out a couple pics under the indoor section labeled my first grow.

Hey Friends,:)
Been awhile
AluminumMonster is not talking Smack here...
I am also using Cidly's Apollo 4's currently.
I will round up some pics to share with ya.
will be Sunday before picture day, and resizing pics to post them here.
But a quick summery can be...
i grew the mom out under a 600 hps 12 weeks i think.
This current girl is a clone of Mom (Jaws Gear) *Crazy Horse*
i had planned to flower her under my 4 ft T-5 Ho. and she did for 4 weeks. and picture day she will be under the LED's for 3 weeks now.
I also grow hydro, and got 1 lb. cured from the Mom. But since i planned to flower the clone under T-5, i knew i had to thin the heck out of her...
Anyway, PPM does not have to be as high, as her sister that i am currently flowering out under my 1K hps.
My LEDs have fattened the bud WAY up compared to how she was under the T-5. and not near the stretch as when she was under the T-5.
i also know P Jennings, and went with his contact at Cidly co. In China. to my door in less then 10 days of order.
Price? Not bad.. But certainly not something a newbie would consider.
also reduced heat, very important in the summer months around here.
you also need to keep in mind they DO NOT have the penetration of HPS, so if you want the same yield, you would have to run more plants...
PJ says that while quantity suffers, Quality goes up! :hubba:
And personally, I enjoy my hobby, and it is for head stash and to smoke with friends anyway, so i am not a cash cropper. and give me QUALITY over quantity any day! :D
See ya Sunday! :ciao:
My My

My my, im so glad you stopped by and posted this! I was hoping you and Niteshft would swing by and share your LED experience with the good ppl here. MP, prepare yourself for your first finished led grow lol.

A.M.

AluminumMonster said:
MP, prepare yourself for your first finished led grow lol.

A.M.

Its sounds like a half T5 half LED grow.

Growdude said:
Its sounds like a half T5 half LED grow.

AluminumMonster

Sorry Dude, but with attutudes like Growdude's I am not going to bother wasting my time to resize pics...
let um use HPS......

I've been running a 2 x 2 closet grow 90W LED for vegging and 135W LED flowering. Easy, cheap, no heat issues, no fans and growing Northern Lights for low odor. Not a big yielding set up - keeps me going in between outdoor grows.

my my said:
AluminumMonster

Sorry Dude, but with attutudes like Growdude's I am not going to bother wasting my time to resize pics...
let um use HPS......

Is it not?

@ growdude the strain my my is running is a 12 week strain... he started using the led's @ 4 weeks in. 8 weeks with the led's seems like a normal flower time to me. Ya can't be mad @ my my because he just purchased the lights... if ppl would give him a chance he might show ya the next flower session without the t5's.

AluminumMonster said:
@ growdude the strain my my is running is a 12 week strain... he started using the led's @ 4 weeks in. 8 weeks with the led's seems like a normal flower time to me. Ya can't be mad @ my my because he just purchased the lights... if ppl would give him a chance he might show ya the next flower session without the t5's.

Its cool, just being clear.
Not mad at anyone or any attitude.

AluminumMonster said:
I was hoping you and Niteshft would swing by and share your LED experience with the good ppl here

AluminumMonster said:
Ya can't be mad @ my my because he just purchased the lights..

I got a question? How does a grower gain LED experience if they just purchased the LED?:confused2:

AluminumMonster said:
MP, prepare yourself for your first finished led grow lol.A.M.

my my said:
let um use HPS......

Looks like we are still going to have to wait.:shocked:

Some of you guys really are brutal with the damn hps LED debate...

If ya dont have anything useful to add to the topic then why waste your time even replying...? Any of you who think that LEDs just simply do not work are wearing blinders...

I am one who for certain as been watching these LED grows very closely and if i can see similar results from the few other grower I know who just sprung for these units from Cidly, I will be jumping on them as well...

IinWhat are they up to now? 5watt diodes now? My opinion on the subject atm is, there on the right track. Led's duplicate natural sunlight better then hps ever will. There only downfall aside from price is penetrating power. I have faith they will get there eventually. When they offer 10 or 20 watt diodes I believe led's will Prolly surpass hps as an overall better product. But NOT if they always charge an ARM and a leg.

pcduck said:
I got a question? How does a grower gain LED experience if they just purchased the LED?:confused2:

Looks like we are still going to have to wait.:shocked:
@ PC Duck you gain experience by using the damn lights, I never said he was an experienced LED grower. You folks are obviously so closed minded about LED's that you wont even give someone a chance. I can't believe this is the site I started at, any time someone has something that you ppl don't know about you freak out. Its like trying to tell the pope that science has proved the theory of evolution.

@ JAAM you da man bro. I know you've been using led's for a while now... im glad someone around here still has an open mind.

My bad, how's this?? It like trying to tell the pope that his priests aren't allowed to molest little kids anymore.

AM we have given them a chance and it seems that whenever they cannot produce what these experience growers say or what some other LED grower says, they disappear or do not finish their journal. If these LED growers want to open our minds "I say Put up or shut up". and so far I have not seen a grow journal or in person a grow that stacks up against a hps grow. We also have not closed our minds we listen and have been listening for 10 years and nothing has changed.

pcduck said:
AM we have given them a chance and it seems that whenever they cannot produce what these experience growers say or what some other LED grower says, they disappear or do not finish their journal. If these LED growers want to open our minds "I say Put up or shut up". and so far I have not seen a grow journal or in person a grow that stacks up against a hps grow. We also have not closed our minds we listen and have been listening for 10 years and nothing has changed.
Really? What chance? The second someone mentions leds the entire site decides they have something to say and its usually negative. If ppl would not open their fat mouths and let a person post their grow you might see a finished led grow. But, ppl show up with their torches and pitchforks ready to disclaim what another is trying to share. My my was going to show you his results but ppl had to give him a hard time. Niteshft used to post here as well but im sure you wont see him here now. He's another that took the plunge and replaced all his hid's with led's.

Pc duck, I know you've been to other mj sites... why don't ya go to cannazon/cannetics and just look it up.... but ya wont will ya? Too comfortable here aren't ya? All ya need to do is frickin look around man.

AM said:
Pc duck, I know you've been to other mj sites... why don't ya go to cannazon/cannetics and just look it up.... but ya wont will ya? Too comfortable here aren't ya? All ya need to do is frickin look around man.

AM I have been there and still am:) Unless you know my browser history or been to all the grows I have seen, I guess you are just guessing on what I have researched to gain experience. I have seen finished LED grows in person from experience growers that I trust and their buds did not stack up against a hps. If it works for a few great and if their grows were so great, why don't they just laugh instead of running off pouting? Someday(and we have been saying this for 10 years) they may get there but until then I will keep using what works for most.

Funny thing is you always read that some low watt LED is the same as a 400/600/1000 watt hid in their advertizing, but you don't read advertizing from hid manufacturers saying their light puts out more then the sun.

Dude, you are a member at cannetics.... you really cant log in and check out the led grow logs??????? you logged in a month and a half ago... just go look is all im sayin. P jennings, MY MY, Niteshft all have LED grow logs going. i dont know your browser history but i do know when you were last online on these forums.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back