dont mention LED's

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
AluminumMonster said:
And here is when the smartazz remarks started....

:rofl::rofl:

Asked a simple question and state a fact and this started all of it? :rofl:

ok im logged into cannetics, what thread should i be looking at? am i gonna find a nice LED grow but find that there is 10,000 dollars in LED lights used? just curious.

AM, now you know why i havent been here in such a long time...
you know the saying, you can lead a horse to water!

By By.

I've seen PJ's before its very very impressive, but expensive lights i believe, i will look at the others also.

@Dman I think he said he dropped just under 3g to replace 7-8 1k hps. Thats really not that bad imo.

Not wanting to fan the flames, but I have noticed a tendency for LED growers to have an issue resizing pics and posting. When you can batch them and be done in less than 2 minutes it just seems like a false flag.

My impression is that anyone who shared a complete GJ and produced results similar to HID would be MVP for the month without a hitch!

Time for a :chillpill:

AM your fighting a battle that cant be won here man... Im not discouraging your posting but you can lead a horse to water but you just cant make him drink... you stated your case and have seen the results for yourself... who cares what anyone else thinks...?

you can lead a horse to water but you just cant make him drink...

Someone has to take the reins and nobody has. :confused2: They all have computer problems, can't upload pics or used another light to supplement,eta,eta..

The only case I seen stated here has been to go to another site and checkout someone else's grow. And that someone sure is interested in what forums I belong to and when I visited them.:confused2:

AluminumMonster said:
if ya dont like what i got to say then dont read it. im pretty sure nobody is forcing you to.

youre right you dont have control over what another member titles a thread... and yet he still named it "dont mention led's" ... coincidence? i dont think so...

More like begging for attention.....imho :rolleyes:

I agree, it's so simple to resize pics here, that and the ex's and security....really? Why did you post at all if you were worried johnny law (or ex wives) is watching, I mean you (or a friend) all but painted a map of how to find your journals and pics?

$3000 for replacement of 7-8 HPS is a lot in my book, I can get 6 1k's with MH and HPS for around $800? Maybe a touch more, haven't priced lately, but...

Again, I am neutral, but if these things draw my questioning, you can bet it's closed the minds of anyone who wasn't. I'll not visit another site, I like it here and don't feel it worth my time to go searching...as duck said, look's like we'll still have to wait.

pcduck said:
Someone has to take the reins and nobody has. :confused2: They all have computer problems, can't upload pics or used another light to supplement,eta,eta..

The only case I seen stated here has been to go to another site and checkout someone else's grow. And that someone sure is interested in what forums I belong to and when I visited them.:confused2:

Like i said before "this is a battle that cannot be won here"... just keep spouting the same thing over and over... :rolleyes:

JustAnotherAntMarching said:
Like i said before "this is a battle that cannot be won here"... just keep spouting the same thing over and over... :rolleyes:

:rolleyes: And they refuse to prove it wrong.:rolleyes:

If there's anything to it, I'd be chomping at the bits to prove my case, as was said, you'd be MVP AND would have the joy of shutting others up....and do the growing world a huge service.

Wouldn't you, JAAM? Wouldn't anyone? After taking all that heat, I'd prove my case....

JustAnotherAntMarching said:
AM your fighting a battle that cant be won here man... Im not discouraging your posting but you can lead a horse to water but you just cant make him drink... you stated your case and have seen the results for yourself... who cares what anyone else thinks...?

:yeahthat:

I think this is the best thing I have seen posted in this thread. Talking LED's is like talking Politics or Religion. Passionate subject. People getting burnt by these shady LED salesmen will make you very skeptical. No one wants to be taken for their hard earned cash and be made to look the fool. I have seen what PJ is doing with his LED grows and it's pretty impressive. It makes me hope that the technology is finally arriving like it has been promised by shady salesmen after shady salesmen. Part of the problem is there are too many vendors selling crap and trying to separate you from your money. I do believe their are vendors out there that have a good product that works well but still costs on the high end cash wise. More cash then the unscrupulous vendors are selling theirs for and they are promising the same if not better results. All of this makes for a climate of disbelief at anything and everything LED related. You can't change everyone's mind via the internet. Just My Opinion.

I think when one focuses the right attention to a grow, and has mastered all the techniques to achieve massive yields from x amount of sq ft. LED's could and prob would topple HID's. Only in terms of dollars saved per kilowatt hour and maybe bulb life, etc. Depending on where you live, like here in WA, cooling with AC or moving air with fans is a minimal charge as its just only needed for 10% of the year, if at all. With that said, you can only achieve record yields vs killowatts used by doing SOG. As PJ stated over at Cannetics. This in turn brings other problems. You need legions of plants to run single cola plants filling a space. Even with no veg time, you will be over 99 plants in a blink, very dangerous territory.

But I can also do SOG with 100's of plants, no veg time, with HID's also. Does it makeup in dollars spent on killowatts, with LED's vs HID's, well yes. But that dollar amount spent takes quite along time to make that margain up.

Example. I spent $44,387 dollars to build the new restaurant. All that cost rolls into a opening cost, not a monthly P&L for my food costs. Will that 44k be made up over time, yes. Same goes with this argument. Its all relevant.

Yes over time, the LED's will topple the costs of running HID's. Your off the map for power usage, but still have 100's of plants because you must run a SOG to maximize the light.

I remember before the crash there was a thread with the EffinG asking me for a breakdown of my cannabis cost(overhead). I listed everything out, plain and simple. I explained you only count what your operating costs are, not your opening costs(set-up) as those are not the same. At the end of the day I was paying about, $5.50 per oz, net cost.

At $5.50, trying to lower that using LED's becomes just a fun game of how low can you go. I mean $5, is darn close to bottom line for top shelf. No?

nouvellechef said:
I think when one focuses the right attention to a grow, and has mastered all the techniques to achieve massive yields from x amount of sq ft. LED's could and prob would topple HID's. Only in terms of dollars saved per kilowatt hour and maybe bulb life, etc. Depending on where you live, like here in WA, cooling with AC or moving air with fans is a minimal charge as its just only needed for 10% of the year, if at all. With that said, you can only achieve record yields vs killowatts used by doing SOG. As PJ stated over at Cannetics. This in turn brings other problems. You need legions of plants to run single cola plants filling a space. Even with no veg time, you will be over 99 plants in a blink, very dangerous territory.

But I can also do SOG with 100's of plants, no veg time, with HID's also. Does it makeup in dollars spent on killowatts, with LED's vs HID's, well yes. But that dollar amount spent takes quite along time to make that margain up.

Example. I spent $44,387 dollars to build the new restaurant. All that cost rolls into a opening cost, not a monthly P&L for my food costs. Will that 44k be made up over time, yes. Same goes with this argument. Its all relevant.

Yes over time, the LED's will topple the costs of running HID's. Your off the map for power usage, but still have 100's of plants because you must run a SOG to maximize the light.

I remember before the crash there was a thread with the EffinG asking me for a breakdown of my cannabis cost(overhead). I listed everything out, plain and simple. I explained you only count what your operating costs are, not your opening costs(set-up) as those are not the same. At the end of the day I was paying about, $5.50 per oz, net cost.

At $5.50, trying to lower that using LED's becomes just a fun game of how low can you go. I mean $5, is darn close to bottom line for top shelf. No?

That's a great post, doesn't bash either side, yet it helps me, LEDs are our future, but i will ride out my investment now and rethink in 3-5 years. jmo

@ JAAM, Nouvellechef, Hamster Lewis, thank you for the well spoken educated responses. As I said earlier in the thread, this isn't for new growers. But, yes, it can and has been done now in a well documented fashion. It isn't for everybody, but for those who might like to learn about it the info should be there.

Nouvelle I have never thought to run a cost benefit analysis of my own personal grow. I'll have to try it. Thanks for the input.

dman1234 said:
That's a great post, doesn't bash either side, yet it helps me, LEDs are our future, but i will ride out my investment now and rethink in 3-5 years. jmo

:yeahthat: And maybe in that time, the tech will vastly improve!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back