dont mention LED's

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I Am NOT here to try to sell any lights... ONLY to SHARE my 1ST time trying a proven LED Affordable Light option!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

here is clone of #2 @ 47 days.
took her mom to 12 weeks. so that was the game plan for this girl also...
She flowered under a 8 bulb 4 ft T-5 for the first 4 weeks, and only 19 days under the LED's now. the LED'S imo is blowing the heck out of the T-5 lighting....
Should be 5 Weeks to go

LED 10 5 001    S.jpg

LED 10 5 002   S.jpg

LED 10 5 003   S.jpg

LED 10 5 004  S.jpg

LED 10 5 005  S.jpg

LED 10 5 006  S.jpg

Roddy said:
$3000 for replacement of 7-8 HPS is a lot in my book, I can get 6 1k's with MH and HPS for around $800

Where the hell do you shop, bro?

I think one thing that should be mentioned about PJs LED grow, which is awesome btw, is that he designed the lights for his area himself, the manufacturer built the lights to his specs. These aren't just LEDs off a shelf in some grow shop.

Melvan2 said:
I think one thing that should be mentioned about PJs LED grow, which is awesome btw, is that he designed the lights for his area himself, the manufacturer built the lights to his specs. These aren't just LEDs off a shelf in some grow shop.
Spin comment,,,, so what's the price tag for that? I'm an OD grower, reading as much as possible before jumping into indoor. Also an electrician. Nothing to add on LED's for growing, but for general lighting the technology is still behind. Has definitely improved over te last couple years, but that experience, along with what I've read, they aren't there yet for grow lights. And also, the quality LED lighting, is pricey! In general for quality! With what I work with. Unless your investment is to grow for 60 years, it just doesn't seem like a cost effective, for what you get out o it, option right now.

I believe it was around 3k to cover his entire lab. And when I say lab, I mean lab. Not a tent in closet. That was just the flowering lights. He'd been vegging under LEDs for more than a year before switching over the flower room.

Only a few names here now that know me, and you don't know me at all. But those who do can verify I'm telling the truth when I say I personally know that he has maintained the same harvest weights with a massive reduction in power use. As well as having sturdier plants with denser flowers.

The initial investment in PROPER led lighting isn't something most can afford right now. But the question of this thread is, "do they work" And the answer is yes.

I don' think anyone said they would not work.

I think it as when Edison and Westinghouse/Tesla was arguing the merits of DC and AC electric. They both get the job done but one was a whole lot more labor intensive. I guess there is some all DC houses but most everybody went with AC.

If someone can. I would like to see a breakdown of cost associated in a P&L format. Like so, with these costs in mind, just flowering only as I would assume the cost are pretty much mirrored.

HID- 60 day flower, .04 per kilowatt, 1000g yield

1k Mag ballast-$175
Hood-$175
1k Bulb-$35

LED- 60 day flower, .04 kilowatt, 1000g yield

Light-$?

Just curious if all factors remain constant, how long will it take to makeup for initial cost?

PJ, thank you for stopping by and sharing with us! I was hoping you could also share some of the technical info with the good people here...ie par, lens angles, uv lighting and so on.

Thank you again for taking the time to post this;)

pcduck said:
I don' think anyone said they would not work.

:eek: you said like 17 times that they dont work....?? basically any thread here at MP that even mentions LEDs... you and many others... whatchu smokin duck?

Finally you get the info here for ya first hand you just blow it off... W O W

A.M.
please keep in mind that the angles, colors etc, are indeed PJ's research, not Cidly's and unless someone is really interested in stepping into these. that Info will most likley remains PJ's secret!
I am sure, Like PJ did for me. if they are really interested PJ can put them into contact with his Cidly connection.... :cool:
Again, this was not to try to sell lights, PJ got no kickback from my purchase.. he was helping me out to produce better headstash for myself and save on my wallet.

NC your costs are def flawed bc power is no where near .04kw in most places... Its like .12 a kw here and the delivery cost is more then the power which makes its like .25Kw here... And you run $35 bulbs? since when??

JustAnotherAntMarching said:
:eek: you said like 17 times that they dont work....?? basically any thread here at MP that even mentions LEDs... you and many others... whatchu smokin duck?

Finally you get the info here for ya first hand you just blow it off... W O W

What are you smoking??

Take the time and go back and read my posts:rofl:

you siad they dont work bc youve never seen the proof....? now theres pics and someone with alot of documentation and your back peddling... I wont go back and read your posts bc most of them have contrubuted nothing positive to the topic or thread...

Thanks for popping in PJ....I will definitely pick your brain if and when the time comes for me to give LED's a try. People need to see that there are LED set ups out there working and just how far the technology has come.

JustAnotherAntMarching said:
NC your costs are def flawed bc power is no where near .04kw in most places... Its like .12 a kw here and the delivery cost is more then the power which makes its like .25Kw here... And you run $35 bulbs? since when??

:yeahthat: I just looked at my bill... .11 per kw here.

pcduck said:
AM we have given them a chance and it seems that whenever they cannot produce what these experience growers say or what some other LED grower says, they disappear or do not finish their journal. If these LED growers want to open our minds "I say Put up or shut up". and so far I have not seen a grow journal or in person a grow that stacks up against a hps grow. We also have not closed our minds we listen and have been listening for 10 years and nothing has changed.

So you put up or shut up huh?? Well duck I think its time to shut up and read man.

I am not back pedaling like I said go back and reread my posts.:doh:

But lets see for these successful grow you keep bring up.
The grower had to create his own light, spend astronomical money, very labor intensive and just to achieve what we are to believe is the same has a hid?
What would his output be if he did the same labor under a hid?

Like I said you can have DC electric in your home or you can have AC what would you choose? Both concepts work great, but what one did the majority of people choose?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back