Don't think its anything bad but still take a look... let me know

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I don't think this is bad i'm just wondering why its doing this...

the situation: i have 2 plants that i plant to transplant to an outside area by my house and i just want to make sure they are gonna grow so i am starting them at home... they have been alive for about a week now and they are going on there 3rd set of leaves besides the initial round set (that doesn't count) and the first set of real leaves are pointing almost straight up starving for light i'm guessing but i dont understand because they are in a 1x1x1 box with 2 23w 1300 lumen 3000k CFL's and the light is 1-2 in away from the tops of the plants and the leaves were up around the light so i moved them down so they don't touch it... is whats going on because its not getting enough light?

1[1].JPG

2[1].JPG

3[1].JPG

cant open this pics from windows..

did you resize them first?

I took the liberty of downloading each .bmp picture. I then opened windows paint program and clicked "save as" under the file name is "file type" I selected .JPEG. Size went from 900kb to 30kb much more internet freindly. Give it a try in the future.

as far as the leaves curling up...sounds and looks (pictures are a lil fuzzy) like heat stress. CFL's tend to be hotter than tube flos try moving them a little farther away to about 4 inches. ;)

thanks mutt for doing the picture stuff... i'll do that next time... usually i use my camera but i couldn't find it so i used my phone and it was wierd but i was too tired last night to try and fix it...

also... mutt thanks for the info i'll move them a little further away i always heard that you should put them about 1-2 inches but i guess thats reg floro's? anyways i'll move them and let you know how they are going in a day or two thanks for the info

When they get older you can put em closer....but when they are new sprout they do not require the intensity an older one has.

Latest posts

Back