Double Taproot?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cuy103

Praying for a female!
Reaction score
Hey all. I germinated 5 seeds (bought from bidzbay...straight from subcool...strain is Jack The Ripper) on Monday and I checked on them today. They are about 72 hours old using the "paper towel" method and I noticed something I've never seen before.

It appears that two of the seeds have two taproots. Can anyone shed some light on what's going on with my seeds? Are they bad? Can I still use these "double" taprooted seeds?

Thanks everyone!

IMG_1374.JPG

IMG_1375.JPG

IMG_1376.JPG

IMG_1377.JPG

ITS a TWINN>>lol ive never seen it befor but id still grow it you never know what just might happen ..:rolleyes:

I would assume that due to having 2 tap roots the genetics of the plant are gonna be rubbish + you could find that the plant may want more water than what it needs which would probably lead to it failing

You also have to look at the other side of the coin and see that it could give the seedling a head start.

So may be a good trait.

:peace:

I'm gunna go ahead an plant these babies anyway.

I was just wondering if anyone else encountered a double taproot seedling.

Turns out it wasn't a "double" taproot.

I planted the "double" taproot seedlings on Friday and checked on them today. Each "double" taproot seedling produced two individual plants.

So it wasn't a "double" taproot, it was twins. Never had that happen, but it's pretty cool.

I just hope all this means that the genetics are good.

These are subcool seeds, so they shouldbe good.

i knew it was twinns lol you should mark them and try breeding a few small branches .. maybe them seeds will produse more of them like a 2 for 1 special :ignore: lol good luck.

There are some strains that will lean towards twin ;) breeder out of europe a few yrs back had em. Linksomewhere in the archives here to the seedbank.

thats cool! I popped literaly 1000's of seeds and never seen that! Please keep us informed on the life of the twins, start a gj or something. TGA are the next genetics that I'm ordering, I haven't really decided 100% on which strain yet.

Latest posts

Back