DP Blueberry

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GreenLantern7

Reaction score
My first grow w/ purchased seed. Last season I tried 8 seeds of the dutch passion blueberry, and got nothing but a couple of dudes. This season my bag seed failed, so I broke out my last 2, and lo and behold, 2 girls distinctly different in appearance and odor. This is 4th week of flowering under t5s. One has thin, twisted leaves and has a spicy/sweet smell. Other is skunky/sweet. More pics to come. Peace

crop '09 004.jpg

crop '09 001.jpg

crop '09 002.jpg

crop '09 003.jpg

looks good. very linky though. i like the short n stocky grows better for my own preference but what kind of t5 lamp are u using? is it a sun blaze

Looks real good. A Friend was in town from Colorado and she brought some blueberry with her. It had a great taste and a good high. You still got some time to go she may fill in for ya.

BlazeMasterKush420, its a Sunleaves Pineer VI(for 6 bulb) mixed warm and cool, 30,000 cool lumens. They did stretch a little but they've stopped @3ft., and as far as packing on weight, its only the 4th week of flowering, and I'll let em go as long as it takes. One plant showed a few male flowers 2 wks into flower, but I surgically removed them and have stayed vigilant, inspecting every inch, every day. No more have grown since and I ended up fertilizing 1 small lower bud on opposits girl. Free seeds AND girl-on-girl action!:rolleyes: seed bracts are fattening up for future experiments. I don't have a fan in hut so I'm not worried. Only started using GH FloraNova series nutes w/ KoolBloom 2 wks after pre-flowers, so they are going to EXPLODE! Blueberry mess everywhere! A mess I will enjoy "cleaning up" Will include more pics next post, Peace :ciao:

Double the lumens in that small space and change bulbs every other grow IMO.

These last few weeks are crucial. Get some more dense light up in there!

But awesome to see that T5's support decent bud growth. Good job man! Not bad for 15$ a month worth of electricity. Keep us posted often.

I germinated 6 and got one Blueberry. Somebody else also seen to have a bad ratio with the Blueberry can't remember who. Nice green going but sure got a lot of stretch, How far away do you have your lights? With floro's you can get then within inches.

GreenLantern7 said:
...One plant showed a few male flowers 2 wks into flower, but I surgically removed them and have stayed vigilant, inspecting every inch, every day. No more have grown since and I ended up fertilizing 1 small lower bud on opposits girl. Free seeds AND girl-on-girl action!...
That is NOT a good thing--you have hermie seeds. Seeds produced by hermie plants should be destroyed. Hermies tend to procreate hermies and, IMO, hermie genetics are a blight on all marijuana genetics. Continue to keep a vigilant eye out. If you had male flowers right off the bat, she is likely to produce more and they can hide in the buds. Please do not use any of the seeds and spread this bad genetic trait.

HempGoddess, you are correct, did some research, hermie no goodie. Destroyed seeds. they were only on 1 of the plants so, errie-godless of how good the bud is, I will have to say sayonara to that seniorita.:ciao: Learn somethin new every day on this site. I'm becoming addicted to this place. Saw some bonsai bush, excellent idea! going to do that w/ the other girl. I also found out(researched) that my Blueberry is a "stretch" indica. I thought it had stopped stretching on me, but apparently not. Tying some of the branches to my screen but gonna have to add more light to get these to fill out. Temps now running 80day,72nite so I'll just have to turn up the exhaust fan and add my 400HPS to tha mix. Day 48 of flowering. Peace

crop '09 001-1.jpg

crop '09 005.jpg

400wHPS in tha hut! Around 60k lumens. Temps now 84day, not bad, but will have to water more. Hope my plants don't freak. more pics, day 50. Enjoy, and Peace

crop '09  9-3 001.jpg

crop '09  9-3 002.jpg

crop '09  9-3 003.jpg

very odd looking plants, for a blueberry strain. you should tie those branches on on the back side of the plants, as well as lower the light to about 8 in. above them. will make a difference. what are you feeding for bud ferts?>

when it comes to CFL...you can pretty much let the leaves touch the bulbs.

when it comes to CFL...you can pretty much let the leaves touch the bulbs
idk man. i beg to differ. granted ya can get them within 2-3 or four inches of tops, i have had leaves within a half inch to 1/4 inch from the bulbs and they burn. especially when toouchin the bulbs. jmo.

Burnout420, I only FIMmed 'em once, and that was late. I like to see their full genetic potential(how they grow normally) I don't have a cooling system and i'm not using a fan, so I really am hesitant to lower my 400w. They say this Blueberry is sensitive to high temps, and overfertilization. As far as ferts go, I only started adding to the rain water when I started the bloom session, and that wasn't much, again, afraid my plants would freak. These a bit touchy, I've got nutrient lockup in my hermie, so I stopped ferting her. Using FloraNova Bloom and liquid Koolbloom on the other, and no lockup. Only giving water from here on out. Thanks for watching, more pics to come. Peace

6 T8's, plants On the bulb, fan blowing across bulbs. never a burn...

I dont recommend it but let them get then as close as possible. You lose lumens every mm you move light away.

day 56 and still more new flowering! :) very few amber trics, bout 50/50 cloudy/clear. Smells like CHOCOLATE! Peace

crop '09 9-10 007.jpg

crop '09 9-10 004.jpg

if that was my plant i would be stuffing her with food for atleast 2 more weeks then flush and cut

Kush, yeah, I'm gonna push em, and lowered my light to less than a foot form the tops. Had to tie a couple of stretchy buds down to do it, but they're fillin in.
These are amazing, started out smelling fruity/skunky, now like chocolate.
This is torture, will post more pics in a few. Peace

Latest posts

Back