Dry Ice Hash

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

4u2sm0ke

Reaction score
Hello friends..I made some Dry ice hash last night and wanted to share with ya.

I saved the trim for a few months now ..picked up some dry ice from the grocery store..Break this up into like 1-2 inch chunks and place in your 1 gallon can...I use the cleaning bag from bubble bag(220 micro),,,place an ounce of trim in the container place the screen over it and shake it for a few minutes over a mirror...(this makes it easier to gather up..after a few minutes,,,scrape up the goods..I baught a Pollen press to make rounds..puffed on a pieace and am very happy...easier than bubble and not as messy...

take care and be safe

P6240001.JPG

P6240006.JPG

P6240009.JPG

P6240010.JPG

P6240011.JPG

P6240012.JPG

P6240013.JPG

P6240017.JPG

P6240015.JPG

P6240018.JPG

P6240019.JPG

Nice, did you weigh it to see how much you got out of the O of trim?

Nice job 4u, that does look a lot easier the dry ice way

4u2sm0ke said:
Hello friends..I made some Dry ice hash last night and wanted to share with ya.

I saved the trim for a few months now ..picked up some dry ice from the grocery store..Break this up into like 1-2 inch chunks and place in your 1 gallon can...I use the cleaning bag from bubble bag(220 micro),,,place an ounce of trim in the container place the screen over it and shake it for a few minutes over a mirror...(this makes it easier to gather up..after a few minutes,,,scrape up the goods..I baught a Pollen press to make rounds..puffed on a pieace and am very happy...easier than bubble and not as messy...

take care and be safe

I got lost here....You put trim and dry ice in a 1 gallon container. You put the screen over the top of the 1 gal container and secure it somehow. You turn it upside down and shake it over a mirror? Do you shake it some right side up? How long do you shake it? (I'm old and need things spelled out a little better for me).

Your hash looks great. I smoked some pressed hash (they called it pressed keif) that came from OR that a friend of a friend of a friend made this way. It certainly does look faster, cleaner, and easier. Not that I have a source around here for dry ice though.......

orangesunshine said:
very cool 4u---can you tell us more about the press

:)

Orange it is a piece of threaded tubing with 2 solid spacers and 2 end caps. Place kief between spacers, thread on end caps and keep tightening.

4u didn't mean to step on your toes. But I sat here biu'ing and thought that it was a pretty good answer and that doesn't happen often.:48:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nice, did you weigh it to see how much you got out of the O of trim?

2 ounces trim total...got 23 grams product

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

+rep to 4U for innovation. Awesome

thanks 7green....wish I could take credit but i just aint this smart..:rofl:

I got lost here....You put trim and dry ice in a 1 gallon container. You put the screen over the top of the 1 gal container and secure it somehow. You turn it upside down and shake it over a mirror? Do you shake it some right side up? How long do you shake it? (I'm old and need things spelled out a little better for me).

no secureing..just hold tight to container...No shakeing right side up..I shaked up and down left to right all over the center of mirror...heres a video I seen that will help a bit...you remember the '"Spam" video the other day you mentioned it was deff geared for the Men...:giggle: sortta like that but I would never get enough trim to use a 5 gallon bucket

very cool 4u---can you tell us more about the press

Duck nailed it...this is a cheap pollen press baught at the gas station where they sell little pipes and crap in a glass case..was only 4.95 I bet ya can make one easy with galvinixed coupling and end caps..wood dowles:aok: I made a few but not impressed with the way lots stick to the spacers...just a piece of paper and fold product in it make square and
press:D

dry ice video.... h420ps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PLcyJCrTEb4

ps...I dont recommend touching the dry ice bare hand as this fella does...because he does that is maybe why he spilled his finished proct...another thing he say you can shake for as long as ya like...well from what Ive read 3 min is tops...after that the plant material start geting in...his is a greener product than mine mine is more yellow/tan..Jope this helps

that fella also showed he shook the bucket over his entire stove.....just keep the container close to center..will make for easier clean up

nicely done 4U...
ima gonna have to try this in about 2 months lol..
i use to have one of them presses.. dont/didnt think to highly of er... lol.. i ended up taking a chunck of dowling and cutting 2 more "spacers" then i made lil wax paper circles... droped the 1st spacer in wax paper then keif.. used a peice of dowling to lighty pack it down.. then added more.. kept doing it till it was right full. :D .. then dropped other peice of wax paper ontop then the final spacer and tightened.. then opened each end and added in the lil chuncks of dowling got threaded on then tossed into oven for 10 mins on lowest setting.. pulled out screwed tight let it sit to cool.. donthave to do oven method.... but you do get tight perfect round pucks...
i must add the final tightening does take the aid of plyers..
LH

thanks LeftHand...the wax paper even in this cheapo press would make it easier to get out...Mine was so sticky I had to use a razor blade to take puck off...and I would be affraid of the oven:D

4u2sm0ke said:
thanks LeftHand...the wax paper even in this cheapo press would make it easier to get out...Mine was so sticky I had to use a razor blade to take puck off...and I would be affraid of the oven:D

i know what ya mean man... 1st time i used er i was like what the hey..
u can even stack em if ya wanted lol... wax-keif-wax-press-wax-keif-wax-press n so on.. ya end up with lil keif burgers ahahahahahah....

oven shouldnt be a big deal.. makes a guys stomach turn thinkin about it 1st time... but mine was also pretty thick walled..
LH

probably bursts the trichs causing them to adhere to each other, making a baked kinda puck thing...decarboxlizing it probably increases potency a bit too...

7greeneyes said:
probably bursts the trichs causing them to adhere to each other, making a baked kinda puck thing...decarboxlizing it probably increases potency a bit too...

:yeahthat: thats pretty much her in a nut shell 4U..
i didnt like the fact it broke apart n crumbled either.. i like to beable to take a blade n peal me hash :icon_smile: ....
but i will recomend letting it totally cool when hot/warm shes a lil gummy..
LH

my blonde kief never makes it to the press :( Usually bowl toppers

:ccc: then :stoned:

:D

good to hear you didn't spend $100 for that same press i saw listed on line 4u---as i did me a little diy press exploration today---saw a "clay extruder" at the arts and craft store---little too wimpy for my liking looked like plastic---but---after strolling the hardware sto---think i'll be getting a C-clamp, 3/4 " piece of pipe, couple punch outs from a galvinized electrical box, and use parchment paper instead of wax to bake me some rolo's in the oven

Latest posts

Back