Advertise On Marijuana Passion

Dry Ice Hash

Reaction score
I have got a lot of small bud and good trim that I want to make dry ice hash with. As I generally have made bubble hash with ice before, any words of wisdom will be appreciated. Dry ice is so much easier and faster. Should I decarb before I make the hash or decarb the hash? Do you freeze your bud/trim? How much dry ice do I need per ounce of bud/trim? Etc, etc.

I know several of you here have made quantities, so am looking to gain from your experience.

Rosebud

Organic dirt farmer
Reaction score
Yes freeze all the bud and shake. I don't decarb hash as I plan on smoking it, not eating it.
Put a big plastic cloth on your table and shake away. I just get a piece of the ice, whatever they have at the grocery store and I usually get tired of shaking before the ice is gone. Sorry I have no exact measurements. It is amazing how much you get. Have fun.

RubyRed

Reaction score
I get a pound of dry ice. I use my 1 gallon bubble bag 70m. I dont bother with freezing as the dry ice will do what needs to be done. No decarb here either unless I plan to bake with it. I dont bother grinding the buds either as you will loose lots to the grinder God. The Dry ice will brake the flowers up good. I dont use a "Cloth" to catch product. the cloth will hold lots of product. use either large piece of glass or large mirror.

Happy Shaking :joint4:

Lesso

Mad Scientist
Reaction score
This is my fave method. I typically will use about a lb of dry ice per lb of trim. I reuse pieces over and over until they almost completely sublime. I run a 1 gal bubble bucket and put roughly 2 oz of trim per run. I use 4 or 5 hockey puck sized pieces of dry ice. I dont pre freeze my trim. I let the dry ice do all the work. My trim is also very dry when i make dry ice hash.

Latest posts