Dry Ice Idea for CO2

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

weed power

Reaction score
I saw some interesting posts on different methods for introducing CO2 to grow rooms. What about dry ice??

I know dry ice 100% carbon dioxide in a VERY cold solid state which releases its CO2 back to a gas. Would it economical to buy a block of this every few days and place small chucks/pellets in your grow room? Maybe I’m just being stupid since I cannot find any posts on this. But it does sound feasible ...

EDIT
I just thought about something. My old man used to make beer and the yeast used for this also lets off CO2. What about using some fruit juice and yeast and allowing it to ferment in the grow room?

EDIT
Bah! The fruit juice and yeast idea is nothing more than a massive magnate for GNATS!

Its not cost effective, but works.

You have to do a little math too..........how many pounds will u need?
And it needs to be removed while the light is on.

The cost of replacing the c02 every few days will rapidly mount up as it does disappear quickly once outside a freezer, and pretty quickly even inside a freezer too.

Plus too much CO2 will kill your plants. It's hard to control the sublimation rate of dry ice, so you have no way of regulating the atmospheric content.

That's why I removed it.........'cause I wasn't sure how much was enough.

I've since bought the tank and regulator.

Plants need co2 during lights on. It doesn't help during lights off;).

Latest posts

Back