drying and curing

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vow

Reaction score
Hello everybody hello Growers and new friends I recently hung up my New York Sour Diesel from Amsterdam marijuana seeds I hung it in my closet for 5 days the branches were almost ready to snap but not quite I picked them all and place them into glass jars for the first four days they smelled great they seem to be losing crystals now and are mostly bugs with red and orange hairs but I cannot see crystals sometimes the jars have the grassy smell sometimes they do not is this normal or is there a problem they are Jarred up in darkness in a grow closet and there is an air conditioner running in the room at 65 degrees. Is there any way to stop the grassy smell or does it go away on its own I also have seven clone plants that are 1 foot tall I will be taking pictures within the next few hours thank you for your information and knowledge

Continue to pop the jars when the buds seem spongy. You want to slowly cure the buds so the spongy slowly goes away and the buds feel crispy but not to the point of dust. When you squeeze the bud it should bounce back. As far as the smell goes if you did things right it will come back. A good cure is 20 days at about 60% humidity in the jar. A great cure is 30 days.

I start out popping the jars several times a day and slowly do it less and less until the buds are nice and ripe. Don't let the buds get to spongy or you will have a mold problem.

A good cheap tool to have is small hydrometers from ebay (few bucks) ie:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Lot-Thermo...573539?hash=item2ce0e39a23:g:QIIAAOSwkWRfH6jf
Image result for digital hydrometer

I use these to get my weed after hanging and then in larger sealable bin along with Hydrometer
Once it all is at 60-61 % Hum/ I put in jars and burp. I also get a few so each jar can have it's own
Burp more often or leave jar open longer to get any high humidity jars you may see.
Other than that just burp you jars to avoid mold.
I don;t go below 60% so my herb does not get crumbly

Good tool Roster. I still and have always done it the old timers way. I know lots who us humidity packs and other gizmo's but I have always done it the way Jorge Cervantes taught me in his book. The room should be at 60% humitity at first and slowly drop to 50% when moving to jars. The room should be in a dark cool place around 65f. Hang until the branches snap, paper sacks for a couple of days and into jars. Like Roster said only about 1/3 full and then it is a spongy/crispy routine. My buds never see anything but green light until they are gone.

The real test of how good your product is ..... is not by what you think but by what others say and how fast it goes away.

Wow,,how cool,,i just keep seeing long time members come back and start posting again on the Passion. 👍

Latest posts

Back