Due to Lack of a better forum

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
D

DLtoker

I don't think this is really that place for me to post this here, but here it goes anyways... I just placed an order for some sativa (Swazi Redbeard) seeds and they say to start flowering after week of veg... the flowering time is 12 weeks. If I eg them for one week, how tall could these get without any training or trimming? Will the yeild be greatly smaller than an idica that vegged for a month?

Oh IDK if that came across wrong... this forum is the bomb! i just didnt really know where to post it on this site.

DLtoker said:
I don't think this is really that place for me to post this here, but here it goes anyways... I just placed an order for some sativa (Swazi Redbeard) seeds and they say to start flowering after week of veg... the flowering time is 12 weeks. If I veg them for one week, how tall could these get without any training or trimming? Will the yield be greatly smaller than an idica that vegged for a month?

I've never grown it, but I looked it up and found:

Genetics: Swazi Redbeard
Variety: Pure sativa
Type: Pure-bred, True-Breeding
Harvest Date: November
Flowering Period: 12 weeks
THC Content: 8-11%
Characteristics: Red hairs
Renowned for its spectacular red hairs, Swazi is a high yielding and resinous pure sativa , which gives a strong natural high. These seeds come directly from South African breeders living in Swaziland.
This Strain has a strong odour, which has been compared to a "fine cigar" and an "earthy" smoke with a high that is energetic and clear. Buds on this plant can reach the size of an adults forearm and are typically compact and very sticky.​
***************​
Now, if it grows buds as large as and adults forearm, then it would need a stem that would support that type of weight. I find it difficult to believe that the plant could reach this type of strength in stem thickness with only a week of vegetative growth. The plant needs to be sexually mature before flowering and usually that only comes after about 6 weeks of plant growth from seed.

Who are you hearing the one week vegging from? Perhaps they meant that you could veg them for only a week after sexual maturity? Or maybe a week for a rooted clone? Either of those would make me wonder also. For a heavy bud plant, I've found that inside plants are best to flower at about 16 - 20 inches tall with a moderately strong fan to strengthen the stems. A supplement to increase stem thickness might be a good idea too.​

Stoney Bud said:
Now, if it grows buds as large as and adults forearm, then it would need a stem that would support that type of weight. I find it difficult to believe that the plant could reach this type of strength in stem thickness with only a week of vegetative growth. The plant needs to be sexually mature before flowering and usually that only comes after about 6 weeks of plant growth from seed.​

Who are you hearing the one week vegging from? Perhaps they meant that you could veg them for only a week after sexual maturity? Or maybe a week for a rooted clone? Either of those would make me wonder also. For a heavy bud plant, I've found that inside plants are best to flower at about 16 - 20 inches tall with a moderately strong fan to strengthen the stems. A supplement to increase stem thickness might be a good idea too.

I agree 100%, must have strong stems or the game is OVER !!!

I would assume that the 1 week veg would be from a rooted clone. But it's a Sativa and they stretch big time. Those buds are always nice a fluffy...right? From what i read, you are lucky if you get over and oz on a fully matured plant. But stoney, your write up states that they are typically compact and sticky. I can't seem to find anyone who has grown this before so I feel as if I going into this blind...
I wonder if I should get some more experience under my belt and then take that strain on in the future...

DLtoker said:
I would assume that the 1 week veg would be from a rooted clone. But it's a Sativa and they stretch big time. Those buds are always nice a fluffy...right? From what i read, you are lucky if you get over and oz on a fully matured plant. But stoney, your write up states that they are typically compact and sticky. I can't seem to find anyone who has grown this before so I feel as if I going into this blind...
I wonder if I should get some more experience under my belt and then take that strain on in the future...

Naw, that wasn't me talking. I was quoting a standard that was used on about 5 sites that sold the seed. Same words on every one. Sorry, I should have given credit so you'd know it wasn't me saying it.

The description does make it sound as if the buds will be heavily resin filled, and in turn, compactly filled with fluid causing density. Yes, this one sounds good with the exception of it's THC rating. If you want a good high with awesome taste, this one sounds like it would fit the bill.

Cure it down real nice and it would be good for much longer than it would take to smoke it.

Heck man, if I were you, since you've already set your eyes on this strain, I'd go ahead and see how good you can make it.

We've got every possible type of grower here on this group that can help you maximize your crop.

Jump in man! The water is fine!!!!

WOOOHOOO HERE I GOOOOO! haha alright stoney. I'm gonna take her for a test drive and I'll make a grw journal out of it so well... a) people can learn from it in the future and most importantly b) everyone can make sure I'm doing everything right:D. And hey, if I do only get a few ounces they still will be dank as hell.:ccc:

haha an also, I knew you didnt write that up I think I was going somewhere else but DAMN does my mind jump around! Thats why I need some sativa

So I emailed seedsman and they replied, "Yes the Swazi is a good yielder for a pure sativa. As always the yield willbe heavily dependant on how long you leave the plant to veg for which willbe dependant on how much height you have.If you veg from 0-10 days you are likely to get around a 4-6ft plant."

So I'm guessing Ill get an Oz from each plant and use a **** ton a space to get that yield... Either way, we will find out how it works out in a few months and be sure to look in about 2 weeks for a grow journal on it!:fly:

DLtoker said:
So I emailed seedsman and they replied, "Yes the Swazi is a good yielder for a pure sativa. As always the yield willbe heavily dependant on how long you leave the plant to veg for which willbe dependant on how much height you have.If you veg from 0-10 days you are likely to get around a 4-6ft plant."

So I'm guessing Ill get an Oz from each plant and use a **** ton a space to get that yield... Either way, we will find out how it works out in a few months and be sure to look in about 2 weeks for a grow journal on it!:fly:

Are you growing them without topping or LST? If you use topping and LST, you could veg them to about 20 inches and get a room full of bud at about 4-5 feet. It would slow your crop about two weeks, but give you more weight in the end.

No topping or LST and you'll have the largest Kolas tho'. It depends on what end result you're looking for.

Large Kolas means large stems so i believe very much so in LST. I may not top all of them just too see the different results with this full Sativa. Thanks for all the input and giving me the confidence in this unique grow.

Latest posts

Back