Early flowering Question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joseph James

What's goin on?
Reaction score
I know when plants show preflowers, that they are ready to flowered and as soon as you switch over to 12/12 you can begin counting down the weeks of the flowering period.

My question is if you induce flowering before preflowers, should you wait for the plant to show flowers before starting the countdown?

Kinda tricky to word, you guys know what I'm trying to ask?

i count down from the time the lights are switched over...however that doesn't amount to much....cuz i'm a stoner...and i can rarely remember a month later which day i switched the lights and how long its been. thats why i like the GJ's here. I can store info online here and not add to more evidence at home. If you took your clones from a preflowering mother they are mature and ready to flower as soon as they have some root structure to support it.

also, i gauge by the trichs so the "time" is of little relevance to me. It more or less gives an "approximation" of when you "might" be ready.

exactly, depending on your strain is when they are ready. You can flower at anytime unless your dealing with an auto-flowering strain... Just look at the trics... Be patient, let your plants tell you what they want and when they are ready..

You dont need to, I mean people start seedlings from 12/12.

It's most likley healthier to pre-flower though (probalbly bigger buds)

Hopes this helps :)

I don't mind doing it by eye but I like a general schedule.

yeah man. i found myself in the same boat. im technically about 1/2 way into 5th week but i moved it bak to 4th pretty much. i rather judge by the trichs since this is exactly why we're growing it. we want the trichs to be as best as possible. size counts as well but for me trichs come first.

Latest posts

Back